San Diego County Director
CEO San Diego opened in November 2011. Our employment reentry intervention has been proven, through a three-year random assignment evaluation conducted by MDRC, to reduce recidivism, increase public safety and yield the public up to $3.30 savings for every taxpayer dollar of program cost.
Since 2011 we have:
- Provided paid transitional work experience for 791 formerly incarcerated San Diegans, earning $1,001,874.00 and contributing over $220,412.00 in taxed income.
- Expanded capacity to employ up to 400 participants annually across five work crews through environmental cleanup projects.
- Partnered with the San Diego County Probation, Caltrans, and the City of Chula Vista to perform a variety of public works tasks, such as landscaping and maintenance of the county’s highways and city’s parks and open spaces.
- Piloted a hard skills training program to offer participants the training needed to to advance in their career.
Our supporters include:
- San Diego County Probation
- City of Chula Vista
- City of San Diego Economic Development Department (CDBG)
- San Diego Bar Foundation
- Edna McConnell Clark Foundation
- Federal Social Innovation Fund Awards
- Jewish Community Foundation
- City of Escondido
450 A Street, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92101
Our office hours are Monday to Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Directions by Trolley
Blue and Orange line – Get off on 5th Ave Station, walk up (north) on 5th Avenue towards A Street. Office is between 4th Ave and 5th Avenues on A Street.
Directions by Bus
Routes: 2, 5, 7, 15, 20, 210, 810, 820, 850, 860, 929, and 992 – exit at the City College Transit Station (on 12th Avenue and C Street). Office is on A Street, between 4th and 5th Avenues.
Directions by Car
FROM SOUTH: Take I-5 North, exit 6th Avenue towards downtown, turn left on 4th Avenue, turn left again on A Street; the office is between 4th and 5th Avenues on the left.
FROM NORTH: Take I-5 South, exit 16/ 10th Ave, turn right onto Ash Street, turn left on 4th Avenue, turn left on A Street; the office is between 4th and 5th Avenues on the left.
Take 163 South, exit Ash Street, slight right onto Ash Street, turn left onto 4th Avenue. Turn left again at A Street. The office is between 4th and 5th Avenues on the left.