I had the opportunity to spend the summer of my MBA interning as a Farber Fellow at CEO in Oakland, CA. Everyday I learned firsthand from CEO participants about the inequities in our justice system and the systemic difficulty of reintegrating into society. More importantly, I learned the value of the CEO program to help the formerly incarcerated successfully find and keep employment and stability. Although I only spent 10 weeks at CEO during my internship, I knew my time with CEO was only beginning. I am excited to join the YPG to help further CEO's incredible mission and work.
The Young Professionals Group is a team of young professionals who advance CEO’s mission through philanthropy and fundraising, volunteerism, and corporate engagement efforts. As advocates of criminal justice reform, members of our Young Professionals Group are committed to enhancing CEO’s employment services by lending their time, talent and treasure to the organization.
Benefits and Impact
As a member of CEO’s Young Professionals, you:
- Network and socialize with emerging leaders across industries who each share a passion to interrupt the cycles of poverty and incarceration on a national scale
- Conceptualize outreach strategies that enhance CEO’s brand awareness and contribute to CEO’s fundraising goals specifically geared towards the Economic Mobility fund and the Second Chance Society
- Receive exclusive access to future CEO events and social impact opportunities
Members of the Young Professionals Group work alongside CEO staff to:
To be a part of our Young Professionals Group, we ask that you:
- Be a dedicated member of this leadership group, with an eagerness to share information about CEO’s local and national impact, and launch strategic initiatives in service to our mission
- Attend quarterly meetings (currently virtual) with the entire Young Professionals Group
- Enroll in the Second Chance Society, our newly-launched monthly giving program
- Get involved on a Committee!