Warehouse Site Supervisor
Please see details about this opportunity below. To apply, click here for the application.
CEO is hiring a Warehouse Site Supervisor who will be responsible for training, coaching, and supervising a team of 5-7 program participants on a transitional work crew. In addition, Site Supervisors are responsible for creating environments that promote safe working conditions, enable the development of participants, and foster high morale across the team.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable traveling throughout the Colorado Springs and Pueblo area, be experienced in a skilled trade, and have a proven track record of leading teams to success.
Site supervisors must have the ability to work a variety of schedules to include day shift (6:00am-3:30pm), night shift (3:00pm-12:30am), weekends, and some holidays.
This is a perfect role for:
- Someone who is excited to supervise and mentor the work of returning citizens who are taking their first steps to employment following incarceration
- Someone who is interested in giving back to the Colorado Springs community
- Someone who enjoys being on their feet in a non-traditional workspace, often indoors
- Someone who can lead and inspire a team while balancing both compassion and a straightforward approach; an effective communicator who can resolve conflicts effectively
- An organized individual who can manage against project deadlines
- Someone with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and has the ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences
- Someone comfortable with technology (work cell phone) and a variety of computer software systems such as Goggle Suites and Salesfoce.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Establishing and maintaining positive staff morale through the modeling of sound leadership and teamwork
- Assigning job duties to crew members and setting reasonable goals for completion
- Monitoring crew members on job performance and productivity, providing appropriate daily feedback and/or additional training
- Ensuring positive and effective communication with customers, community members, and participants through Motivational Interviewing techniques
- Maintaining line of sight supervision of all participants during the entire shift
- Manage the scheduling process and attendance of participants on a daily basis
- Ensuring customers’ work orders are completed to a high standard on a daily basis
- Maintaining a safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations and by reporting any matters that threaten the smooth operation of the training crew to your supervisor
- Monitoring working conditions for potential hazards, reporting any matters that threaten the smooth operation of the training crew to your supervisor
- Monitor supply inventory, request supply orders, complete monthly vehicle maintenance checks, and scheduling any needed vehicle maintenance (ie oil changes, tire rotations, window replacements)
- Completing any necessary daily reporting tasks in a fast-paced environment with varying temperatures
- Assist other departments with work activities when required
- Special projects and related duties as assigned
- 2-4 years of experience in general labor, warehouse, construction, landscaping or grounds-keeping, building maintenance, or other skilled trades; experience operating site equipment
- Warehouse and/or pallet jack/forklift experience highly preferred
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- 2-4 years of supervisory experience of similar work
- Geographic knowledge of Colorado Springs and preferable, Pueblo areas
- You’re able to consistently lift and move objects up to 75 pounds; stand, kneel, bend, and climb in order to complete projects; work outdoors; walk or stand for long periods of time;
- You’re able to drive a 12 passenger van with an attached trailer
- You’re able to operate a smartphone
- High school diploma
The compensation for this position is $18.68/hr, annualizing to be $34,000-40,000 as overtime is frequently incurred. In addition, team members can also access CEO’s comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.