Training Navigator / Intake Specialist
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is currently seeking a highly organized and detail focused Training Navigator / Intake Specialist who will implement hard skills training and financial empowerment services into CEO’s core model for our program participants. They will contact training vendors, schedule trainings with program participants, and input attendance from trainings in CEO’s database. This position will also develop and deepen relationships with parole officers, probation officers, and additional partners, providing them with information about our work and building their commitment to referring a strong pipeline of participants for our programs. The ideal candidate will come to CEO with strong communication and multi-tasking skills.
Who We Are
The provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the Training Navigator / Intake Specialist will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Economic Opportunity Initiative around training and financial coaching across CEO’s offices
- Implement career pathway programming to ensure that CEO participants acquire the training to support their career path
- Market and coordinate skills-based trainings facilitated on-site or by external providers
- Research additional training opportunities that will benefit our program participants
- Train staff in delivering Economic Opportunity services, such as financial coaching, to our participants.
- Ensure all training related goals are being met under contractual guidelines
- Organize and record all completed trainings using CEO’s CRM system, Salesforce
- Periodically audit training information in Salesforce to ensure data quality and train staff in data entry when required
- Performs initial screening of all referrals to ensure program eligibility
- Supports the orientation process by collecting documents from participants; returns documents with 100% accuracy to participants
- Reviews and ensures that all documents received are in compliance with the requirements of the CEO program and or Contract guidelines
- Enters all intake information expeditiously and with 98% accuracy into CEO’s computerized data system (Salesforce)
- Provides a brief overview of the CEO program to all walk-in participants
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 1-2 years of relevant experience and are eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive results within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You have a laser focus on accuracy and timeliness while managing multiple projects with moving deadlines
- You are able to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders which support you in asking others for the information you need to push your work forward
- You are comfortable in delivering training content to a team
- You’re a strong researcher, skilled in quickly producing written content based on your findings
- You’re resilient and don’t give up, keeping your eye on the end result while working under pressure
- You’re able to travel throughout Santa Clara County
- You’re very comfortable with technology, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and SalesForce
- You’re preferably bilingual in Spanish
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this position is $45,000 annually, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here for the job application.