Please see details about this position below. To apply, click here for the job application.
As CEO continues it’s nationwide expansion in serving and employing more participants each day, increasing the capacity of our Social Enterprise operations is key to that growth.
In order to ensure our Social Enterprise work crews are set up for success and equipped to meet client demands, CEO is excited to announce our search for a Training Developer. As a key member of our Social Enterprise Training Team, you will be a part of a team that leads our national Social Enterprise training strategy, leading training initiatives alongside the rest of the team, and specializing in the creation of all of CEO’s technical trainings for both employees and participants. The ideal candidate will have experience in learning & development, training, project management, and/or adult education! The location for this position is flexible at any of our current CEO locations.
Who We Are!
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 7,500 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and the Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are!
- You are deeply dedicated to social justice and the re-entry field
- You come to CEO with a Bachelor's degree, or 4 years of professional work experience with on-the-job training and/or teaching, training cycles, quality control, curriculum development/learning principles, or evaluation
- You have exhibited experience in training cycles, quality control, curriculum development, or evaluation
- You remain organized and detail-oriented, especially during periods of increased workload
- You are a strong verbal and written communicator, with the ability to communicate information through a variety of formats
- You are self directed and can manage a variety of tasks concurrently, efficiently, and with pride for the quality of your work
- You foster a learning environment, inviting growth and flexibility for both you and your team
- You are able to balance multiple projects and deadlines, prioritizing as needed
- You’re very comfortable and proficient with technology, preferably Google Suite
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the Training Developer will include but are not limited to:
Training Content Development
- Create and maintain current and future social enterprise related content, materials, and resources, ensuring employees are able to meet their objectives and client demands
- Develop training content to be delivered to supervising employees and participants, as well as “train-the-trainer” trainings to be delivered by supervising employees
- Act as a subject matter expert on all social enterprise technical topics
- Translate knowledge into optimal documentation, technique, and training formats (i.e. articles, videos, in-person training sessions, online training sessions, etc)
- Research and monitor all industry-specific training needs ensuring CEO training is up-to-date and meets federal and state regulations (e.g. OSHA)
- Ensure training documentation and resources are timely, accessible, and usable
- Create an open-communication climate to gather team members’ preferences and feedback for potential training from trainees and cross-functional teams
- Deliver training in all aspects of social enterprise technical training for current and newly hired team members
- Identify areas for improvement for employees during training providing additional support as needed, reporting back observations to supervisors, and systematizing any common additional support needed
- Facilitate positive, energizing and inviting learning environment
- Own, monitor, and evaluate in-house technical training program effectiveness and make improvements based on results and user feedback continually seeking new approaches and practices
- Evaluate effectiveness of training program and curriculum drawing on metrics such as employee performance, trainee satisfaction, and customer satisfaction
- Create and maintain a required sequencing of training for new hires, and the continuing training pathway for supervising employees throughout their time at CEO
- Build assessments, tracking employee progress through training, and ensure all team members participate in required trainings
The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience. In an effort to be both equitable and transparent, CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, both experience, internal equity, and home office location in making a final determination on our salary offer. We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide health, dental, 401k, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.
Please click here to apply.