Training and Development Coordinator, Economic Opportunity
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is currently seeking a highly organized and detail focused Training & Development Coordinator (internally known as Economic Opportunity Coordinator) who will implement hard skills training and financial empowerment services into CEO’s core model for our program participants. They will contact training vendors, schedule trainings with program participants, and input attendance from trainings in CEO’s database.
The ideal candidate will come to CEO with strong communication and multi-tasking skills. This position will be based in the Tulsa office but will interact with staff across our national offices.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the George Kaiser Family Foundation, the Flint Family Foundation, and the Tulsa Area United Way. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the Training & Development Coordinator will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Economic Opportunity Initiative around training and financial coaching across CEO’s offices
- Implement career pathway programming to ensure that CEO participants acquire the training to support their career path
- Market and coordinate skills-based trainings facilitated on-site or by external providers
- Research additional training opportunities that will benefit our program participants
- Train staff in delivering Economic Opportunity services, such as financial coaching, to our participants.
- Ensure all training related goals are being met under contractual guidelines
- Organize and record all completed trainings using CEO’s CRM system, Salesforce
- Periodically audit training information in Salesforce to ensure data quality and train staff in data entry when required
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 1-2 years of relevant experience and are eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive results within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You ideally hold a certification to teach in industry recognized credentials such as forklift, OSHA, CPR, etc.
- You have a laser focus on accuracy and timeliness while managing multiple projects with moving deadlines
- You are able to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders which support you in asking others for the information you need to push your work forward
- You are comfortable in delivering training content to a team
- You’re a strong researcher, skilled in quickly producing written content based on your findings
- You’re resilient and don’t give up, keeping your eye on the end result while working under pressure
- You’re very comfortable with technology, including Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and SalesForce
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $40,000 - 45,000 annually, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.