Stewardship and Development Coordinator
Please see details for this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is currently seeking a passionate, driven, and detail-oriented Stewardship and Development Coordinator to join our Development and Communications Department who will advance the mission of CEO by spearheading the acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of donors, in addition to managing a small portfolio of annual fund donors (gifts up to $4,999). Additionally, the Stewardship and Development Coordinator will be responsible for the management of donor information in CEO’s Salesforce database and provide administrative support for the Development Department.
The Stewardship and Development Coordinator is critical to CEO’s ability to provide excellent customer service to our individual and corporate donors, enabling the team to raise the maximum amount of funds in support of CEO’s mission. The ideal candidate for this role is growth focused, thrives on designing, implementing and evaluating initiatives, and possess past professional experience that has honed outreach techniques and skills.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO’s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 6,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 21 cities across eight states. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to double the number of participants we serve annually. CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Google.org, among many others.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with a Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of related experience, with an interest in having a fundraising career.
- Love to write and write well, but also enjoy details and ensuring accuracy in communications, gift processing, and data management.
- You are a strategic thinker with the ability to flourish in face-paced environments with competing demands
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with experience writing for senior executive staff
- You are able to read and retain detailed programmatic information and act as a programmatic resource for the department
- You have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to create and maintain systems
- You’re very comfortable with technology, including Google Suite, and have experience with fundraising databases (Salesforce preferred)
The Nitty Gritty
Key responsibilities of the Stewardship and Development Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
Donor Stewardship (25%)
- Assist the Donor Relations Officer with implementing and managing a comprehensive donor stewardship plan (this includes all forms of donor communication, such as phone calls, as well as written and electronic correspondence)
- Assist in creating and executing an annual fundraising and donor engagement strategy (including creating volunteer opportunities, leadership committees, special events, and more)
- Ensure streamlined donor engagement by managing the operations of the gift acknowledgement process, including drafting and mailing of donor acknowledgement letters, donor reports, tribute packets, pledge reminders and other periodic donor-centric reporting
- Maintain standard operating procedures, as well as creating or amending any policies and procedures
Implement the day-to-day administration of the stewardship program and act as a customer service representative for all donor inquires
- Track stewardship information and donor interests in donor database
Development Operations (25%)
- Establish and maintain systems for keeping stewardship program records in good order
- Develop analytics on activities to monitor success of different strategies; research donor trends and strategies to improve retention and acquisition rates
- Generate reports and manage all fundraising records in CEO’s Salesforce database, including preparing reports for the Chief Development Officer and Executive Team
Gift Processing (25%)
- Process daily gifts and reconcile revenue reports with Finance
- Record and update donations and donor info in Salesforce database
- Provide tax acknowledgements for all donations
- Draft and personalize thank you letters to donors for Donor Relations Officer or Executive Director’s signature
- Promote and track matching gift opportunities
- Manage procurement, invoices, and expense reports for the Development and Communications department
- Implement the day-to-day administration of the stewardship program and act as a customer service representative for all donor inquires
- Provide general administrative assistance to the Chief Development Officer
Compensation and Benefits
CEO offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings, and more for our staff.