Specialist, Motivational Interviewing Initiatives
Please see details about this opening below. To apply. click here for the job application.
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) seeks a Specialist, Motivational Interviewing (MI) Initiatives who will accelerate the adoption and improve the delivery of Motivational Interviewing by our program staff across CEO’s 24 and growing sites.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable collaborating with cross functional teams to achieve the organization’s strategic goals as it relates to Motivational Interviewing, and has the ability to thrive in an impact-oriented, agile working environment. They have solid knowledge of and experience utilizing motivational interviewing practices, comfort identifying and prioritizing training needs using employee feedback and data, managing training logistics and data, developing a strategy for training and developing staff on Motivational Interviewing that provides ongoing and progressive support and enrichment to our program staff. This role is location flexible and reports to our Director, Training and Launch.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities. What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You have familiarity and comfort working with CEO’s service population, including understanding and empathy of systematic and interpersonal challenges that participants and staff face in their daily work
- You have demonstrated experience and knowledge of Motivational Interviewing as evidenced by past training, practice, and /or MINT Certification
- You have experience facilitating and leading trainings with diverse groups of trainees and make adjustments to meet the needs and knowledge level of the audience
- You’re a strong relationship builder and manager, who can build trust and credibility with critical internal and external stakeholders
- You have experience working in geographically dispersed work environments that require relationship building over phone, video conferencing and other remote work conditions
- You’re a strong horizontal manager with a keen ability to get work done, when working laterally across the organization
- You have a strong detail orientation and can manage multiple projects concurrently.
What You’ll Do
Program Strategy and Implementation
- Act as the thought leader at CEO to reflect on progress and devise a strategy for continued growth as it relates to Motivational Interviewing
- Bring together stakeholders and thought leaders inside and outside of CEO to inform strategy and guide MI adoption
- Develop a strategy in collaboration with Talent, Human Resources and Program Teams to lead and integrate Motivational Interviewing into onboarding and training for all new staff;
- Oversee and lead all logistics for trainings, including travel, hotel, food and everything needed to create an optimal learning environment for new staff;
- Analyze and manage data; prioritize areas of focus to increase participation and drive programmatic outcomes
- Partner with Training & Launch team to review other training materials and bring in alignment with MI principles and practice
- Act as primary point of contact for external training partners
- Collaborate with multiple teams and staff to make trainings as effective and engaging as possible
Coaching Program Staff
- Process audio recordings or other observations of staff and promptly code them using the Motivational Interviewing Competency Assessment (MICA) - staff will be certified in the MICA coding if not previously certified
- Conduct 1:1 coaching sessions with staff to provide feedback in MICA and support skill advancement
- Communicate with supervisors to keep them involved in their teams’ skill development
- Support offices as needed in enhancing the Motivational Interviewing skills of all staff, including engaging with promising practitioners and additional resources or targeted coaching for those that are struggling
Data & Budget Management
- Track all data related to MI training, coaching and skill advancement, potentially including the implementation of new data tracking systems
- Manage annual budget, track and allocate all associated expenses, and liaise with Finance team to process invoices
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this mid-level position is commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.