Specialist, Learning and Development
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
We're seeking an experienced and driven leader to play a lead role in developing and implementing our employee learning and development strategy and supporting systems and structures that lead to greater staff engagement. In this role, you’ll support the organization in clarifying organizational positions and pathways and build a robust offering of initiatives, programs, and performance management structures that build CEO employees into highly impactful and effective contributors and leaders. The ideal candidate is passionate about fostering a culture of learning within a growing organization and comes to CEO with a deep understanding of professional learning and the ability to design meaningful and effective learning experiences.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly-formed and evolving team. This role will report into our Director of Employee Experience and can be based in our New York City or Oakland office.
Who You Are
- You have at least 3-4 years of experience recommending, developing, designing and/or managing organization-wide learning programs inline with business outcomes and company values
- You come to CEO with expertise in instructional design, adult learning, learning technology tools, performance management, and project management
- You’re driven to build a high performing organization and understand the importance of customer service and a responsive approach to drive results
- You’re a strong communicator, advisor, and negotiator, with demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- You’re skilled at coaching others, supporting them in identifying their development areas and navigating solutions; you’re able to engage and influence colleagues in a way that motivates and empowers action
- You help identify challenges and facilitate solutions
- Your organizational and management skills enable you to juggle leadership of numerous team priorities and your flexible nature enables you to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- You’re passionate about inclusion and work to ensure all employees have opportunities to learn and earn to their full potential. You are capable of navigating and managing difference, driving equity across lines of race, gender, class, and other identities
Employee Learning and Development
- Develop and execute CEO’s learning and development strategy focused on empowering employees with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in their roles
- Envision, curate, and implement scalable learning and development programs for leaders and managers inline with CEO’s strategic objectives and goals and in collaboration with our Employee Experience team and Senior Leadership
- Conduct needs analyses and utilize performance management data to identify employee learning and development needs; recommend and/or design learning solutions
- Create and implement frameworks for assessing, measuring and tracking learning and development programming and demonstrating return to the organization; provide senior leadership with ongoing reporting and analysis of developmental activities
- Collaborate with internal departments and teams to develop and implement training content for new hire training and onboarding and ongoing professional development; serve as a coach and mentor on delivering effective trainings
- Ensure access and equitable processes related to training opportunities
Learning and Development Systems and Structures
- Implement and refine a performance management framework and process that defines high performance and how to evaluate employees against that definition
- Direct the execution of the performance management lifecycle, including 90-day assessments, year-end evaluations, and ongoing check-ins
- Contribute to the development and refinement of CEO’s core organizational and position-specific competencies that create clarity on potential career pathways at CEO
- Partner with Employee Experience team to create and implement a succession planning process for the organization that identifies critical roles and potential successors and leadership development programs for potential successors
- Design and refine internal job description templates and bank of responsibilities and qualifications mapped to various position levels
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to managers on performance management
Team and Organizational Support
- Support the organization in practicing and living out its values, with major focus on leading and contributing to initiatives that drive CEO’s culture of learning
- Serve as an advisor, trainer, coach and expert to all staff members in the areas of employee learning and development
- Serve as an active and proactive contributor and collaborator of the larger Human Capital team, supporting colleagues on projects related to talent recruitment, DEI, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.