Specialist, Learning and Development
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
We're seeking an experienced and driven leader to develop and implement a sustainable learning and development strategy that begins with the creation of systems and structures related to performance management, training and leadership development, and employee movement within the organization, and leads to scalable learning and development programming for staff inline with CEO’s values and strategic objectives and goals.
They will serve as part of a new and evolving unit that is working to build a best-in-class employee experience in collaboration with our Inclusive Experience, Talent Acquisition, People Operations, and Program teams.
This role is a strong fit for an individual who is experienced in leading efforts to enhance an organization’s learning and development culture, who is invested in responding to organizational and employee learning needs in a sustainable and scalable way, and who thrives in the ambiguity of start-up environments.
Employee Development Systems and Structures
- Refine CEO’s people performance management framework, defining key competencies, performance levels, and ongoing and cyclical methods of evaluation
- Ensure people performance management processes and systems connect to and enhance other talent programming including goal cycles, compensation, and onboarding
- Direct the execution of the performance management lifecycle, including introductory period assessments and ongoing evaluations and check-ins
- Contribute to the development and refinement of CEO’s position-specific competencies
- Lead efforts to build visibility on potential career pathways at CEO, including build-out of promotion criteria and promotion equity check process
- Design and refine internal job description templates and bank of responsibilities and qualifications mapped to positions
- Provide ongoing support, training, and coaching to managers on people performance management
- Create and implement a succession planning process for the organization that identifies critical roles and potential successors and leadership development programs for potential successors
Professional Development Approach
- Implement scalable learning and development programs for staff in line with CEO’s strategic objectives and goals and in collaboration with our Employee Experience team and Senior Leadership
- Utilize employee data to identify employee learning and development needs; recommend and/or design learning solutions
- Create and implement frameworks for assessing, measuring and tracking learning and development programming and demonstrating return to the organization; provide senior leadership with ongoing reporting and analysis of developmental activities
- Identify and execute roll-out of a Learning Management System that integrates with and/or enhances our other Employee Experience technologies and enables us to track learning and development programming
- Collaborate with internal departments and teams to develop and implement training content for new hire training and onboarding and ongoing professional development; serve as a coach and mentor on delivering effective trainings
- Ensure access and equitable processes related to training opportunities
Team and Organizational Support
- Support the organization in practicing and living out its values, with major focus on leading and contributing to initiatives that drive CEO’s culture of learning
- Serve as an advisor, trainer, coach and expert to team leads in the areas of employee learning and development
- Serve as an active and proactive contributor and collaborator of the larger Human Capital team, supporting colleagues on projects related to talent recruitment, DEI, etc.
Who You Are
- You have at least 4 years of experience recommending, developing, designing and/or managing people performance management systems or talent engagement and development strategies
- You’re driven to build a high performing organization and understand the importance of a responsive approach to drive results
- You’re a strong communicator, advisor, and negotiator, with demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- You’re skilled at coaching others, supporting them in identifying their development areas and navigating solutions; you’re able to engage and influence colleagues in a way that motivates and empowers action
- You help identify challenges and facilitate solutions
- Your organizational and management skills enable you to juggle leadership of numerous team priorities and your flexible nature enables you to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- You’re passionate about inclusion and work to ensure all employees have opportunities to learn and earn to their full potential. You’re able to engage and invest diverse stakeholders across multiple teams without direct authority.
- You’re able to listen, learn, and understand content across teams within the organization and integrate diverse perspectives into the work. You are capable of navigating and managing difference, driving equity across lines of race, gender, class, and other identities.
- You have some experience facilitating group and one on one programming that engages and inspires people
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.