Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
We’re seeking a driven and results-oriented individual with executive and administrative support experience to support our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in driving CEO’s organizational mission and vision forward. In this role, you’ll serve as the CEO’s primary administrative liaison, interacting with many of the organization's stakeholders, including board members, donors, consultants, senior team members, and staff. You’ll work closely with the CEO to coordinate scheduling and travel, develop agendas, and prepare and distribute advance materials. You’ll also support our CEO with research including concise summaries, briefings, data analysis and research notes; as well as drafting, copy editing, and proofreading external-facing materials and correspondence.
The ideal hire is an effective communicator and collaborator. This person must have the ability and experience to identify and implement ways to improve our efficiency and effectiveness, make informed administrative decisions (seeking and acting on guidance and feedback when it’s needed), and keep things moving in our growing organization. If you’re a highly organized individual with the ability to maintain a level head in the midst of multiple projects and approaching deadlines, we strongly encourage you to apply!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing national organization and offer your support to help us continue to grow and increase our impact across the United States.
Who We Are
CEO began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City. We’ve grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and come to CEO with at least two years of administrative or executive support experience
- You’re an excellent communicator (both in writing and verbally) with the ability to tailor your communication style to the needs of various stakeholders; research, proofreading and copy-editing experience preferred
- You’re able to identify potential challenges before they arise, conduct needed analyses, and offer and implement potential solutions when needed
- You’re a strong task manager and independent worker, maintaining oversight of all of the details as you coordinate moving pieces and projects under tight or competing timelines
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to anticipate and solve problems as they come and you exercise good judgment and use common sense in managing unexpected and, at times, challenging situations
- You take a customer-oriented approach to your work to ensure a satisfactory outcome
- You’re able to transition seamlessly between tasks and projects in order to meet deadlines based on priority
- You recognize information that requires confidentiality and treat it accordingly
- You’re comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Serving as an initial point of contact, acting as a liaison, and ensuring seamless communication between the CEO and a broad range of constituents including board members, funders, partner organizations, and staff
- Supporting the CEO’s work with the Board of Directors, communicating with board members via phone and email, planning and scheduling meetings, and preparing and disseminating meeting materials
- Providing executive level support to the CEO and senior team members, including but not limited to managing calendars, contacts, and files, arranging internal and external meetings, fielding calls and emails, and coordinating travel
- Researching topics related to criminal justice, workforce development, evaluation, non-profit effectiveness, among other topics, to assist the CEO in positioning the organization as a thought leader
- Processing credit card expenses and invoices for CEO and senior team members
- Drafting, reviewing, and proofreading written correspondence, agreements, memos, emails, and other documents, with sharp attention to detail, including formatting
- Planning, organizing, and scheduling meetings, events, and conferences
- Supporting general office management and operations in our national headquarters as needed
- Assisting with special projects or other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here for the job application.