As Needed Work Crew Site Supervisor
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
We’re looking for an As Needed Work Crew Site Supervisor to support, supervise, mentor, and train work crews of 5-7 participants on an as needed basis (10-20 days per year, with potential for additional days), filling in for our full-time site supervisors when they are on vacation or out sick. The As Needed Work Crew Site Supervisor will provide on the job supervision, training, and coaching to participants as they do landscaping, construction, litter removal, event set-up/tear-down, and renovation work across Cleveland.
As our Cleveland office expands, As Needed Work Crew Site Supervisors are the first people we consider when full-time opportunities become available.
This is a perfect role for:
- Someone who is excited to supervise and mentor the work of returning citizens who are taking their first steps to employment following incarceration
- Someone who is interested in giving back to the Cleveland community
- Recent retirees, independent contractors, or someone who is self-employed with a very flexible schedule
- Someone who enjoys being on their feet in a non-traditional workspace, often outdoors
- Someone who can lead and inspire a team while balancing both compassion and a straightforward approach; an effective communicator who can resolve conflicts effectively
- An organized individual who can manage against project deadlines
- You have a high school diploma, along with at least one year of supervisory experience
- You have experience in a vocational trade, such as landscaping, construction, building maintenance, grounds maintenance, or a related trade
- You must be able to work a very flexible schedule
- You have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- You’re able to consistently lift and move objects up to 40 pounds; stand, kneel, bend, and climb in order to complete projects; work outdoors; walk or stand for long periods of time; drive a 12 passenger van with an attached trailer; operate a smartphone
The compensation for this position is $18.68/hour. There is also potential room for growth into a full-time position dependent on your interest, performance, and availability.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
Please click here for the job application.