Site Director- Buffalo
Please see details about the job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
We're seeking a results-oriented and social justice-minded leader with program, performance, and team management experience to lead our Buffalo office and implement CEO’s proven program model. The Site Director will lead the execution of CEO’s fund development strategy in Buffalo including philanthropic, government, and private funding prospects. As the face of CEO in Buffalo, the Site Director will also develop and cultivate local external relationships to help integrate CEO into the community and expand business opportunities for the operation.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 5,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
- Increasing the number of paying social enterprise customers that allow our participants to gain income and work experience while working to secure stable employment;
- Hiring, supervising, and supporting a diverse, high-performing local team to serve participants and achieve our program outcomes (including life skills graduation, successful placement of participants in transitional employment, full-time job placement, and long term job retention) through disciplined data analysis, coaching, and training and development;
- Coach and develop staff to achieve performance targets, build their knowledge, and improve their skills.
- Collaboratively develop and execute CEO's fund development strategy in Buffalo, identifying philanthropic, government, and private funding prospects;
- Growing CEO's presence in the workforce development and criminal justice communities within Buffalo, cultivating relationships with local parole and probation bureaus, district attorney offices, and other program referral sources;
- Oversee the development and management of the budget for the Buffalo office, including fundraising and expense management
- Handling or delegating invoicing, program reporting, record keeping and other operational duties
- Developing strong partnerships with local organizations that offer supports for our participants including benefits access, financial literacy, housing counseling, substance abuse, and career advancement;
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are
- You are deeply dedicated to and engaged in social justice and perhaps are already working in the re-entry field;
- You come to CEO with 5+ years of leadership and program management experience in a fast-growing and results-oriented nonprofit environment;
- You have extensive working knowledge of the Buffalo and Erie County criminal justice and/or workforce development systems;
- You have experience developing and executing fundraising, government procurement, and/or business development strategies;
- You have people management experience and can build, manage, and develop a diverse team and are able to move seamlessly between high level strategy and getting into the weeds when needed to ensure your team’s success;
- You understand the importance of performance based goals and have experience catalyzing a team to impact.;
- You have experience engaging and persuading a diverse array of stakeholders;
- You thrive in ambiguity and want to play a key role in the growth of an organization;
- You understand the importance of regularly collecting, analyzing, and applying data to drive program strategy and decision making;
- Your attention to detail allows you to effectively juggle multiple projects at once;
- You are comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce;
- You have the highest level of personal integrity and are personally and professionally committed to excellence and having deep impact on our participants’ lives.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here for the job application.