Senior Site Supervisor
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is hiring a Senior Site Supervisor for our Columbus office who will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring success of the daily operations of 7-10 of CEO’s transitional work crews/sites (the centerpiece of CEO’s model) throughout our Ohio sites (Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Columbus).
Each of our participants work as a part of a transitional work crew to gain experience and income while concurrently working with CEO’s vocational staff to identify and secure long-term employment. CEO operates 70+ work crews across our national network that provide valuable labor and maintenance services to our customers which are predominately public sector agencies.
The Senior Site Supervisor will provide supervision and support to Site Supervisors in Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland. The Senior Site Supervisor will train and coach Site Supervisors to be effective leaders and mentors, coordinate with Operations to maintain tools and equipment, coordinate with Talent and HR to ensure that all positions are filled with qualified Site Supervisors, and assist Site Directors and transitional work crew customers in maintaining quality crews.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Site Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Provides supervision to 7-10 Site Supervisors and Per Diem Site Supervisors, supporting them as they lead their work crews and as they navigate and resolve challenges that arise at the work sites
- Travel between our other crew sites in Cincinnati and Cleveland to support the Site Supervisors and Site Directors, up to 30% a month
- Supports the oversight and administration of work assignments, ensuring assignments are completed in a timely manner and with quality
- Provides Site Supervisors with appropriate instruction, training and feedback as outlined by the job goals and CEO participant evaluations
- Monitors and evaluates crew members for job performance and productivity, course correcting when needed
- Serves as a liaison between CEO and worksite partners/customers
- Serves as a liaison between CEO’s participant scheduling department, vocational staff, and other CEO staff
- Keeps open and constant line of communication with the Site Director and/or other appropriate team members as it relates to crew stability
- Monitors working conditions for hazards, referring routinely to CEO’s health and safety manual
- Ensures crews are using appropriate methods or materials that keep team members and passersby safe from harm
- Tracks and monitors supply inventory for work crews and assists the Site Director in managing crew needs.
- Creates and maintains systems around transitional work to increase effectiveness of operations
Who You Are
- You have experience leading and supporting diverse, high-performing teams to effectively serve customers and achieve program outcomes through coaching, training, and development
- You are experienced in general labor, construction, landscaping or grounds-keeping, building maintenance, or other skilled trades; experience operating site equipment
- You’ve demonstrated dedication to achieving personal, team, and organizational goals through time management, data analysis, focused communications and teamwork, and continuous learning
- You’re able to adhere to organizational structures and processes to ensure safety and team production of consistently strong work products that meet customer needs
- You’re able to identify, anticipate, and analyze potential problems and solutions, and decide on and implement a course of action
- You’re able to build rapport and collaborate with colleagues and external partners, maintaining a network of resources that support your work
- You work effectively under pressure and at a sustained pace, managing to partner expectations while maintaining focus on objectives despite setbacks or opposition
- You’re a strong communicator; able to adapt and tailor your communication style to meet the needs of and influence varying constituents
- You demonstrate respect, fairness, patience and efficiency to participants, employees and others
- You’re able to navigate throughout the Ohio sites (Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland) seamlessly
- You're comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce, and have the ability to navigate computer programs to schedule and track progress for participants
- You’re a high school graduate or have obtained your General Education Degree (GED)
- You have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle, as well as the ability to work flexible shifts
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this position is $50,000 - $53,000 annually. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here to apply.