Senior Site Supervisor
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
Do you thrive when catalyzing a team to collectively achieve success?
Do you enjoy supporting team members in growing their knowledge and skills?
Do you think on your feet, anticipating, identifying, and addressing challenges as they arise?
If so, you might be a strong fit for our Senior Site Supervisor role!
CEO is hiring a Senior Site Supervisor who will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring success of the daily operations of 6-10 of CEO’s transitional work crews/sites (the centerpiece of CEO’s model).
For context, each of our participants works as part of a transitional work crew to gain experience and income while concurrently working with CEO’s vocational staff to identify and secure long-term employment. CEO operates 70+ work crews across our national network that provide valuable labor and maintenance services to our customers -- predominantly public sector agencies.
The Senior Site Supervisor works in close collaboration with Los Angeles’ Program Director and worksite partners/customers to lead a team of Site Supervisors to positively impact the lives of individuals recently released from prison as they train, coach, and supervise participants on work sites to complete projects for our customers.
Who We Are
The provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
The Nitty Gritty
Key responsibilities of the Senior Site Supervisor include but are not limited to:
- Manages 6 to 10 Site Supervisors, supporting them as they lead their work crews and as they navigate and resolve challenges that arise at the work sites
- Administers and oversees work assignments, ensuring assignments are completed in a timely manner and with quality
- Monitors job performance and productivity of staff and crew members, course correcting when needed
- Serves as a liaison between CEO and worksite partners/customers
- Serves as a liaison between CEO’s participant scheduling department, job coaches, and other CEO staff
- Notifies CEO offices immediately in cases of emergency; keeps open and constant line of communication open with the Site Director and/or other appropriate team members
- Monitors working conditions for hazards, referring routinely to CEO’s Health & Safety manual
- Ensures crews are using appropriate methods or materials that keep team members and passersby safe from harm
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time
Who You Are
- You have experience leading and supporting diverse, high-performing teams to effectively serve customers and achieve program outcomes through coaching, training, and development
- You’ve demonstrated dedication to and feel personally responsible for achieving personal, team and organizational goals through time management, data analysis, focused communications and teamwork, and continuous learning
- You’re able to adhere to organizational structures and processes to ensure safety and team production of consistently strong work products that meet customer needs
- You’re able to identify and anticipate problems, analyze problems, identify potential solutions, and decide on and implement a course of action (you’re also able to coach others to do the same)
- You build rapport and collaborate with colleagues and external partners, maintaining a network of resources that support your work
- You work effectively under pressure and at a sustained pace, managing to partner expectations while maintaining focus on objectives despite setbacks or opposition
- You’re a strong communicator, able to adapt and tailor your communication style to meet the needs of and influence varying constituents
- You’re able to navigate throughout Los Angeles seamlessly
- You have a C27 Landscaping License (highly preferred)
- You’re a high school graduate or have obtained a General Education Degree (GED)
- You have a valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle, as well as the ability to work flexible shifts (sometimes including weekends)
Compensation and Benefits
The salary for this position is $60,000 annually, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
This position is subject to external funding that has been secured only through June 2021. This position extending beyond June 2021 is contingent upon, among other things, securing extended and/or additional funding.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here for the job application.