Senior Manager, Benefits
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
This Senior Manager, Benefits is responsible for the design, administration, and communication of CEO’s benefits programs for our 380+ employee population in support of enhancing employee attraction, retention and engagement. We’re looking for an individual with passion for crafting and refining an organization’s benefits strategy, with focus on continuous improvement of our existing offerings.
The Senior Manager will lead the benefits team, which serves as the point person and administrator for all things employee benefits, from the point a new hire signs an offer letter through their last day of employment at CEO. They will manage a team to ensure seamless day-to-day administration of CEO’s benefits programs including group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, worker's compensation, life insurance, gym membership, flexible spending plan, 403(b) Tax Sheltered Annuity, and time off benefits.
The ideal candidate for this role will come to CEO with subject matter expertise and a drive to ensure an organization’s benefit offerings are best in class. They will serve as a model of excellent customer service, continuously keeping the employee in mind as they design and communicate benefits offerings. We’re looking for someone who enjoys serving as a trusted advisor not only to their own team, but to the larger organization.
Who We Are
Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 21 cities across 8 states, with additional expansion right around the corner. We believe in social justice and are dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to individuals with recent criminal convictions. Our programs help our participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to serve 9,000 participants annually, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
We’ve gained support to expand our programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Google.org, among many others.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 6+ years of benefits design and administration experience, including 403b and vendor management, with experience managing a diverse team within a growing organization
- You have a bachelor's degree, preferably in human resource management or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (master’s level credentials preferred)
- You have deep knowledge of health and retirement savings plans and the associated regulatory requirements including ERISA, COBRA, ACA, FMLA and PFL (strong knowledge of California regulations preferred); you’re able to apply knowledge to assess/align programs for compliance
- You’re passionate about benefits, drive for excellence in all you do, and have a strong inclination for keeping abreast of current and anticipated trends and regulations in the sector
- You’re a big, bold strategic and systems thinker, leading with inquiry and analysis to understand complex issues and designing scalable systems that meet the needs of its users
- Your organizational and management skills enable you to juggle leadership of team priorities
- You’re a strong communicator, advisor, and negotiator, with demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders of all levels to achieve your team’s goals
- You have well-developed technological and spreadsheet skills with ability to set up and work with Excel and Google Sheet files/reports
- Experience with ADP HRIS and Payroll functions preferred but not required
Major responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Benefits include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervise, coach, and develop a small team of HR professionals
- Serve as an advisor, trainer, coach and expert to all staff members on CEO’s benefits offerings
- Serve as an active and proactive contributor and collaborator of the larger Human Capital team, including leading team meetings, lending expertise, and supporting colleague projects
- Lead special projects that drive CEO’s strategic plan forward as needed
- Develop a comprehensive and competitive benefits strategy in alignment with CEO’s strategic objectives, initiatives, and budget guidelines
- Design, evaluate, select in consultation with committees, and communicate employee benefits, including health insurance, voluntary, disability, retirement plans, etc., that drive benefits strategy forward
- Consider and apply industry and sector standards and practices to competitively position CEO’s benefit offerings, participating in benefits surveys to gather information when needed
- Propose and implement modifications to current benefit plans and policies to stay current and competitive; regularly renegotiate or re-evaluate vendors to maximize cost savings
- Develop/refine policies for employee benefits, time off management, and onboarding/offboarding
- Manage CEO’s annual open enrollment process, partnering with external consultants and vendors
- Develop and implement communication strategy related to benefits to ensure active employee participation and understanding of benefit offerings; measure the impact of communication strategies or campaigns on enrollment rates or employee satisfaction with the benefits offerings
- Provide reports, documentation and filings to ensure compliance with all benefits related regulations
- Administer CEO’s 403(b) plan, including enrollment activity, terminations, plan changes, loans, and communications to employees
- Manage key relationships with brokers, consultants, and providers to ensure high quality service levels with effective program design
- Oversee HRIS Specialist to ensure the accuracy of employee records, data and benefits enrollment
- Collaborate with Payroll and Talent teams to mitigate and prevent issues associated with compensation and benefits
- Coordinate the quarterly Retirement Plan Committee meetings and maintain the meeting minutes; support the Director, Legal Compliance in the preparation of materials for the Retirement Plan Committee
- Ensure equitable and inclusive administration of benefit programs
Employee Onboarding and Offboarding
- Oversee a small team to coordinate the new hire and separation processes of all employees, ensuring a smooth and seamless experience for employees
- Collaborate with the Talent team to build out and implement CEO’s onboarding program, ensuring a high quality introduction and onboarding program for new employees
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $80,000-100,000 annually, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.