Senior Associate, People Analytics
Please see details about this opening below. To apply. click here for the job
The Senior Associate, People Analytics will join a growing Employee Experience (EX) team whose mission is to promote an inclusive, engaging, and meaningful work experience for all of our employees through the areas of benefits and people operations, talent acquisition, learning and development, and inclusive experience.
The Senior Associate, People Analytics will be responsible for supporting the EX team in uncovering vital insights through critical analyses of our people data, and delivering compelling stories that lead to smarter data-informed decisions and guide our Employee Experience strategy at CEO.
Reporting to the Manager, Inclusive Experience, you will help define how CEO uses and interprets people data to drive an inclusive and meaningful work experience for all. The ideal candidate is passionate about data analysis and people insights, rolling out new data systems and structures to support the employee experience, and bringing value to all Employee Experience team functions.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities. What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You’re comfortable learning various systems and navigating how to access, organize and analyze data, and you have some experience in collecting, analyzing, and applying data to drive strategy and decision making
- You come to CEO with data literacy skills along with some experience using programs (e.g., Culture Amp, Google Suite, Excel or PowerPoint) to tell impactful stories about workforce data
- You’re eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive improvements to the employee experience for all within a fast-paced, mission-driven, and social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You value learning from your clients and customers (internal and external) and consider the user experience to be integral to systems building work; you’re highly curious and excited to learn about different people’s motivations and interests
- You have experience coordinating multiple complex projects, maintaining workflows under pressure despite setbacks; you are detail-oriented and enjoy employing your organizational abilities and time and project management skills to support your performance
- You’re dedicated to identifying and addressing your own filters, privileges, biases, and cultural preferences and to continuous learning and improvement in diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence
- You have superb communication skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical contributors in a contextually intelligent manner
- You’re able to exercise extreme discretion with confidential information
- You love to dive into details and to collaborate with colleagues and teammates, balancing this while keeping the big picture in mind
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to maneuver in a matrix environment, leverage indirect reporting resources, and work well in ambiguous situations
What You’ll Do
Data Analysis and Action (40%)
- Integrates multiple systems and data sets to support uncovering opportunities for understanding trends and insights across systems and functions
- Builds data dashboards and presentations that empower managers to take strategic action on the data being presented
- Provides training and coaching on interpretation and application of data dashboards and platforms as needed
- Crafts compelling narratives from data findings in collaboration with colleagues on the Employee Experience team to be shared with various audiences and stakeholders, including Executive-Level staff
Data Strategy (20%)
- Supports building and refining CEO’s people data strategy
- Envisions and executes the roll out of the Employee Experience team’s survey and feedback cycle, which should be designed to provide the team with just-in-time as well as longer-term feedback and data on employee milestones and changes to Employee Experience systems and processes
- Designs and leads team meetings and retreats that encourage team reflection and analysis on people data at the micro- and macro-level
Data Management (15-20%)
- Partners with all functions within the Employee Experience team to identify, define, and/or determine reporting requirements needed for projects, measuring or analysis
- Identifies data needs and gaps and pulls and prepares data for use and analysis
- Leads efforts to ensure data integrity by performing regular data quality control
- Designs and pulls reports that best meet the needs of users
- Ad hoc data management and analysis for Employee Experience programs and projects
Organizational and Team Support (10-15%)
- Support the organization in practicing and living out its values, with major focus on leading and contributing to initiatives that drive our mission to promote an inclusive, engaging, and meaningful work experience for all of our employees
- Serve as an advisor, trainer, coach in the areas of People Analytics
- Serve as an active and proactive contributor and collaborator of the larger Human Capital team, supporting colleagues on and leading projects related to DEI, talent acquisition, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
Click here for the job application.