Senior Associate, Financial Risk
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application
Reporting to the Director of Payroll, this position supports the management of claims and loss control activities, managing relationships with third party service providers, negotiating the purchase of insurance programs, preparing loss analyses and budgets, identifying exposures and recommending solutions, implementing programs, promoting loss prevention, updating and monitoring compliance with insurance procedures, and managing safety and /risk management manuals.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the GreenLight Fund, the Pew Charitable Trust, and the Nonprofit Finance Fund. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with at least 3 years of insurance and risk management experience
- You have the ability to coordinate multiple complex projects, maintaining workflows under pressure despite setbacks; detail-oriented; employs organizational abilities and time and project management skills to support performance
- You have experience in collecting, analyzing, and applying data to drive strategy and decision making
- You have proficiency with Google or MS Office applications
- You exercises extreme discretion with confidential information
- You are committed to working with integrity and producing quality deliverables
- You have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally, to technical and non-technical audiences
- You have demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills
- You are able to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
These responsibilities are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the responsibilities of this role.
- Design and implement a risk management process for the organization, to include analysis of the financial impact when risks occur
- Regularly performs risk evaluation, assessing the way the company current handles risk and providing recommendation for improvements
- Designs and facilitates risk management workshops, meetings, interviews, and discussions internally and with external stakeholders
- Serves as CEO’s representative to underwriting markets to share vision and strategy for risk mitigation and management.
- Support with providing oversight of all insured claims, including those insured by CEO
- Educates key stakeholders on insurance coverage and claim reporting responsibilities
- Continually monitors loss runs and other data for trends and reports to Director of Payroll
- Assists in creating mitigation plans
- Supports with managing company insurance policies
- Interacts with insurance brokers and insurers to shape and communicate the organization’s insurance purchasing strategy and needs
- Identifies, designs, and implements insurance programs aligning with the organization’s insurance strategy
Organizational and Team Support
- Assists with developing programs to streamline workflow automation when needed
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director Of Payroll
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $55,000 - $70,000.CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors including experience, internal equity, and the labor market associated with the city in which the position is located. This position can be located in any of the cities in which CEO operates. The labor markets associated with the cities in which CEO is based are variable, and the salary range included here reflects this. Our salary offer will fall within this range and will be reflective of the labor market of the city in which the position is based, as well the other factors named above. We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide health, dental, 401k, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.