Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO’s program model provides a road map for our participants to achieve the long-term goal of remaining attached to the workforce and includes the following components: life skills education, short-term paid transitional employment, full-time job placement, and employment retention services.
The Scheduling Specialist plays a major role in ensuring participants receive transitional employment assignments as they work with other members of the CEO team to secure full-time employment. S/he ensures all work sites are staffed adequately, schedules our participants to serve day and night shifts, confirms participant attendance, and coordinates with our Finance Team to ensure participants are paid for their day's work. S/he also prepares and distributes weekly reports, troubleshoots any logistical scheduling issues, and keeps an open line of communication with vocational staff, also notifying them regarding any emergency situations or unusual events.
Please note: The hired candidate must be willing to work an eight (8) hour day. There are four shifts each work day to which a Scheduling Specialist may be assigned (you need to be available to work any of these): 6:30 am to 2:30 pm, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, and 10:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Why this work is important...
Our work crews are the centerpiece of CEO’s model. Every participant works as part of a work crew to gain experience and income while concurrently working with CEO’s vocational staff to identify and secure long-term employment. CEO operates 70+ work crews across our national network that provide valuable labor and maintenance services to our customers who are predominantly public sector agencies.
A bit about you...
- You have a high school diploma or GED and 2-3 years of experience managing multiple phone lines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment (call center experience is preferred)
- You are committed to CEO’s mission and are open to learning about varied cultures and populations, with an instinct to empathize with and learn from others
- You are able to effectively communicate a message particular to a specific audience, and can accurately convey travel directions for New York City, upstate New York, and National locations
- You are able to deliver information comfortably in both English and Spanish
- Your work product is consistent and accurate
- You exercise respect, fairness, patience and efficiency to participants, employees, and others to problem-solve and satisfy their needs with the resources available
- You work effectively under pressure and at a sustained pace
- You are flexible and adaptable, able to adjust course as needed
- You’re dedicated to achieving personal, team and organizational goals through time management, data analysis, focused communications and teamwork, and continuous learning
- You’re highly tech savvy, with experience using PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Salesforce
- You’ve demonstrated the ability to identify and anticipate a problem, analyze the situation, offer or seek assistance to identify solutions, and, when appropriate, implement a course of action
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position is $40,000/year. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more.
More About Us
CEO is a diverse team working to advance economic opportunity for people returning home from incarceration. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions.