San Bernardino Director
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
We're seeking a results-oriented and social justice-minded leader with program, performance, and team management experience to lead our San Bernardino office -- one of our 27 offices across the country -- and implement CEO’s proven program model there. The San Bernardino Director will provide the leadership needed to continue growing the San Bernardino program and expanding to Riverside, ensure its sustainability, and support CEO program participants in successfully transitioning from incarceration to stable and productive lives.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Supervising, leading, and supporting a diverse, high-performing local team to serve participants and achieve our program outcomes (including life skills graduation, successful placement of participants in transitional employment, full-time job placement, and long term job retention) through disciplined data analysis, coaching, and training and development;
- Collaboratively developing and executing CEO's fund development strategy in San Bernardino and Riverside, identifying philanthropic, government, and private funding prospects;
- Growing CEO's presence in the workforce development and criminal justice communities within San Bernardino and Riverside, cultivating relationships with local parole and probation bureaus, district attorney offices, and other program referral sources;
- Developing strong partnerships with local organizations that offer supports for our participants including benefits access, financial literacy, housing counseling, substance abuse, and career advancement;
- Increasing the number of paying social enterprise customers that allow our participants to gain income and work experience while working to secure stable employment;
- Handling or delegating invoicing, program reporting, record keeping and other operational duties;
- Ensuring the smooth operation of the office’s administrative functions, supported by our central team headquartered in New York City
Who You Are
- You are deeply dedicated to social justice and perhaps are already working in the re-entry field.
- You come to CEO with 5+ years of leadership and program management experience in a fast-growing and results-oriented nonprofit environment.
- You have a working knowledge of San Bernardino and Riverside and its criminal justice and workforce development systems.
- You understand the importance of performance based goals and have experience catalyzing a team to reach these.
- You know how to build, manage, and develop a diverse team and are able to bounce seamlessly between high level strategy and getting into the weeds when needed to ensure your team’s success.
- Your attention to detail allows you to juggle multiple projects at one time.
- You thrive in ambiguity and want to play a key role in the growth of an organization.
- You understand the importance of regularly collecting, analyzing, and applying data to drive program strategy and decision making.
- You have experience engaging and persuading a diverse array of stakeholders.
- You are comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce.
- You have the highest level of personal integrity and are personally and professionally committed to excellence and having deep impact on our participants’ lives.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.