Regional Director, Upstate NY
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
As a result of the COVID-19 hiring slow down, please note that this position will have a July 1st or later start date.
We’re seeking a Regional Program Director to serve as a deputy to our Deputy Executive Director. The Regional Director will oversee and provide leadership to our Albany, Buffalo and Rochester programs offices.
The Regional Director will work with the New York Deputy Executive Director to ensure all operational and programmatic aspects of the CEO model run smoothly across our Albany, Buffalo and Rochester offices. This is a new position for CEO (with the potential to change over time) that will increase program leadership’s ability to more closely support and mentor local Site Directors and grow our Upstate programs and resources. The ideal candidate is a resilient and passionate leader, with advanced program or project management skills and experience working within fast-paced, results-focused, and dynamic environments.
The Regional Director will play an influential role in the hiring, management and development of a high-performing team of Site Directors leading CEO’s program in localized sites and in ensuring the achievement of performance outcomes across sites. In addition, they will work with the Development Team, Business Development Team, New York Deputy Executive Director, and Site Directors in developing site-specific business and fund development strategies and cultivating and expanding partnerships needed to further integrate CEO into the community and provide greater opportunity to our participants. The Regional Director will also focus on creating systems improvements.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO’s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 6,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 22 cities across eight states. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to serve 9,000 participants annually. CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Greenlight Fund, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Bank of America Foundation, among many others.
Who You Are
● You come to CEO with 6+ years of demonstrated experience in program management within a mission-driven organization
● You value and understand the importance of performance-based goals and have experience catalyzing a remote team to reach these; you’re diligent and hold yourself and others accountable to deadlines and outcomes no matter a project’s complexity
● You have experience building, managing, and growing a diverse team and in developing trusting relationships with individuals with a range of experiences and abilities
● You’re a strong communicator (written, verbal, technical) and have experience engaging and persuading a diverse array of stakeholders
● You’re able to identify potential challenges before they arise, conduct needed analysis, and offer and implement (and/or coach others to do so) potential solutions when needed; you have experience developing systems and processes to address business challenges
● You’re well organized and easily able to multitask and adjust priorities on the fly
● You’re very comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce
● You demonstrate deep dedication to achieving personal, team and organizational goals through thoughtful time management, consistent data analysis, focused communications and teamwork, and continuous learning
● You have the ability to travel (with a valid Driver’s License and vehicle) several times a month to support your team
● You have a working knowledge of criminal justice and workforce development
The Nitty Gritty
● Ensure implementation of the CEO model with fidelity and exercise accountability for the program and financial performance of the sites within the region you oversee
● Build capacity at each office to ensure Site Directors become expert at performance management by providing training, direction, professional development, and mentoring
● Cultivate and drive a culture of performance management by monitoring and holding oneself and others accountable for outcomes through frequent data review and analysis
● Oversee the tracking and reporting of program outcomes for multi-site grant agreements
● Cultivate and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and constituents, including local and state government and agency leadership and individuals part of statewide task forces and workforce boards
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.