Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is currently seeking a Recruiter/Talent Adviser to be based in our NYC office to support our growing team in recruiting and supporting hiring managers in bringing on outstanding, values-aligned, and social-justice committed team members who support our program participants. The Recruiter/Talent Adviser will manage an expanding portfolio of sites that currently include our New York, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee offices. They will also develop and lead a national outreach strategy that builds deep relationships and partnerships across a range of constituencies; including partner organizations, universities, professional groups, affinity groups etc. They will also serve as team project lead on hiring events, that help bring visibility to CEO’s work and drive impactful, diverse talent to the organization. In addition to this work, this position will spearhead the effort to build, shape, and implement sustainable hiring processes, programs, and systems that support our rapid growth, such as our employee referral program and recruitment guide.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly-formed team, that is supporting a rapidly growing organization.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are!
- You’re eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive top-notch hiring within a fast-paced, mission-driven, and social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience, recruiting experience preferred.
- You see value in the sharing of ideas and experiences to shape and elevate a team’s performance
- You’re an excellent communicator (verbal and written) and you operate with ease in collaborating, liaising, and negotiating with multiple constituencies and departments by tailoring your communication efforts to various audiences
- You value learning from your partners (internal and external) and consider the user experience to be integral to systems building work; you’re highly curious and excited to learn about different people’s motivations and interests
- You’re a strong project manager with the ability to maintain oversight of all of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces under tight timelines
- You believe in collecting, analyzing, and applying data to drive strategy and decision making
- You’ve demonstrated an aptitude and ability with technology (with the Google Suite and preferably with applicant tracking systems)
- You enjoy setting ambitious goals and demonstrate eagerness, discipline, and resilience in achieving goals individually and collectively, no matter the complexities that arise
- You love learning and are particularly interested in building your own knowledge and skills in support of organizational needs, mission, and goals
- You’re dedicated to identifying and addressing your own filters, privileges, biases, and cultural preferences and to continuous learning and improvement in diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence
Responsibilities of the Recruiter/Talent Adviser will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support Talent Team strategy development and administration by identifying, analyzing, and building recruitment and selection sourcing strategies, regional recruitment budget, and regional recruitment calendar of events
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their hiring needs and develop position-specific sourcing strategies; provide candidate pool demographic data, and provide guidance and updates throughout the search process
- Support hiring managers in your caseload by developing job postings, reviewing candidate materials, screening and interviewing, drafting performance tasks, and making offers.
- Develop and nurture candidate pipelines by coordinating recruitment and networking events and building relationships with universities, service organizations, and external recruitment partners as well as maintaining a list of prospective candidates for future vacancies
- Train, support, and coach hiring managers on processes, policies, and best practices while also contributing to the creation of recruitment resource banks
- Collect, analyze, and distribute candidate and hiring process data to stakeholders
- Continue building upon greater diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence within our team’s projects and efforts
- Support the team’s management and training of Talent Team interns
- Serve as an active and proactive contributor and collaborator of the larger Employee Experience team, including leading/engaging in team meetings, representing the EE team on org-wide committees.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is 50-65K, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here to apply.