Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is currently seeking a Talent Associate to be based in either our Detroit or Memphis office to support our growing team in recruiting and supporting hiring managers in bringing on outstanding, values-aligned, and social-justice committed team members. The Associate will offer regional expertise and support for our managers in our Tennessee, Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio, and Michigan offices and will engage in additional national outreach and cultivation of strong candidates for employment at CEO. In addition to this work, this position will lead the team’s efforts to increase awareness about CEO to potential candidates and serve as the voice of the candidate in our systems-building work. They will also contribute to the overall team efforts to build, shape, and implement sustainable hiring processes and systems that support our growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly-formed team, ideal for an individual interested in playing a key role in shaping systems and practices that take an organization to the next level.
Who You Are
- You’re eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive top notch hiring within a fast-paced, mission-driven, and social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You have 2-3 years of experience in communications, user-centered design, recruitment, people data analysis, human resources, or a related field
- You see value in the sharing of ideas and experiences to shape and elevate a team’s performance
- You’re an excellent communicator (verbal and written) and you operate with ease in collaborating, liaising, and negotiating with multiple constituencies and departments by tailoring your communication efforts to various audiences
- You value learning from your clients and customers (internal and external) and consider the user experience to be integral to systems building work; you’re highly curious and excited to learn about different people’s motivations and interests
- You’re a strong project manager with the ability to maintain oversight of all of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces under tight timelines
- You believe in collecting, analyzing, and applying data to drive strategy and decision making
- You’ve demonstrated an aptitude and ability with technology (with the Google Suite and preferably with applicant tracking systems) and you’ve used systems to collect and report out on data
- You enjoy setting ambitious goals and demonstrate eagerness, discipline, and resilience in achieving goals individually and collectively, no matter the complexities that arise
- You love learning and are particularly interested in building your own knowledge and skills in support of organizational needs, mission, and goals
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the Talent Associate will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Talent Strategy and Administration
- Contribute to the development of CEO’s 1, 3, and 5-year recruitment and selection strategy, outcomes, and metrics; envision and execute methods to track recruitment and selection metrics
- Develop yearly recruitment strategy for region, regularly meeting with managers to determine current and projected vacancies and continuously pulling, analyzing, and applying data findings
- Contribute to the development and analysis of recruitment budget expenditures
- Initiate research and recommendations for changes to regional recruitment and selection strategy, systems, and processes using internal data and best practices from the field
- Develop yearly recruitment calendar for region
- Initiate development of relationships with thought partners within the field and region
- Manage vacancies within the specified region, supporting hiring managers with needs related to job postings, sourcing research and strategy, screening and interviewing, development of performance activities, and reference checks
- Initiate, coordinate, and attend recruitment and networking events
- Research, conduct outreach to, and build/foster relationships with universities, service organizations, and external recruitment partners
- Reach out to prospective candidates regarding available opportunities; maintain prospects list of future candidates
- Train, support, and coach hiring managers on processes, policies, and principles
- Contribute to the drafting of CEO’s value proposition to candidates
- Envision the changes needed to make our external facing job descriptions more engaging and candidate friendly, as well as draft and post descriptions for new roles
- Envision and implement changes to CEO’s candidate communications, including redesigning our careers page in collaboration with our Policy and Public Affairs Team
- Contribute to the development of organization-wide hiring processes, policies, and principles that promote fair and inclusive hiring
- Contribute to the development of an internal bank of hiring resources for hiring managers
- Analyze effectiveness of CEO’s applicant tracking system, making recommendations for changes that ease user experience and increase efficiencies
- Support and assist the Talent Acquisition and Development Team with projects as needed
- Support in the management of the Talent Team interns
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is 40-50K, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.