Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
We’re seeking a results-oriented and mission-driven leader with program, performance and team management experience to help lead our Philadelphia office. Reporting directly to the Regional Director, this position is responsible for the daily oversight of CEO’s Vocational Services and Economic Opportunity, assisting the Regional Director to achieve program milestones, supporting staff training, participant recruitment, data collection, and participant management and tracking.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Supporting the Regional Director with daily agency operations; managing the overall daily agency operation of the Philadelphia site in the absence of the Regional Director
- Monitoring and supervising team progress and effectiveness, ensuring compliance with all organizational policies and procedures
- Ensuring the team is engaged in ongoing learning on specific areas of program delivery; support staff in obtaining the necessary resources and training needed to successfully carry out CEO’s vision and mission such as Motivational Interviewing (MI) monthly skill building
- Collaborating with Site Supervisors and other team members to maintain cohesion and communication between teams
- Assisting the Regional Director in evaluating the performance of all program services and recommending areas to improve on an ongoing basis
- Managing the recording and tracking of data required by program management, grant contractors, and foundations by monitoring enrollment, case files, placement, and retention metrics
Who You Are
- You are deeply dedicated to social justice and experienced in the re-entry field
- You come to CEO with 2-3 years of program implementation experience (program management experience preferred) in a fast-growing and results-oriented nonprofit environment
- You have working knowledge of Philadelphia and its criminal justice and workforce development systems and programs
- You are experienced in meeting performance based goals
- You are a people-person and love to motivate and inspire others to achieve their goals, helping individuals identify, capitalize upon, and apply their strengths
- You pay attention to detail and have the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time
- You have experience collecting, analyzing, and applying data to drive program strategy and decision making
- You pride yourself in your ability to communicate effectively and recognize the value of continuous communication
- You're comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce
- You display personal integrity and are personally and professionally committed to CEO’s mission and strive to make a deep impact on our participants’ lives
The compensation for this position falls between $50,000 - $58,000 based on demonstrated experience and abilities. In addition, team members can also access CEO’s comprehensive benefits package, which includes medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
Please click here for the job application.