Please see details about this opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
The Program Associate plays an essential role in supporting a regional program team in achieving its mission and performance goals in new and existing offices. The Program Associate will offer administrative, research, data analysis support, and project management to the California Deputy Executive Director and Regional Director positions, ensuring CEO is on track to meet performance, development, contract and growth goals.
This position can be based in the Los Angeles or San Diego offices.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 2-3 years of experience in a role in which you’ve demonstrated one or more of the competencies outlined below and are eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive results within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You have outstanding analytical skills and a data-driven mindset (you consider yourself a data geek, regularly analyzing data and applying findings to drive strategy and decision making)
- You’re a strong project manager and independent worker with the ability to maintain oversight of
the details as you coordinate many moving pieces and projects
- You’re a strong researcher and are skilled in quickly producing written content based on your findings
- You’re a self-starter with the ability to anticipate and solve problems as they come
- You’re able to transition seamlessly between detailed data and high-level insights
- You’re diligent and hold yourself accountable to deadlines and outcomes no matter a project’s complexity
- You’re skilled at clearly, enthusiastically, and accurately presenting information to groups both verbally and in writing
- You’re comfortable with technology, including PowerPoint, Excel, Google Suite and Salesforce
What You’ll Be Responsible For
Key responsibilities of the Program Associate include but are not limited to the following:
- Pulling data reports, performing data analysis, and sharing out trends and recommendations to leadership
- Drafting internal and external-facing materials, such as memos and concept papers, to advance strategy
- Supporting projects led by the team, serving as key lead on high quality project design, implementation, management, and coordination
- Offering administrative, research and technical support tied to CEO’s strategic plan and model to ensure CEO’s strong performance in both new and existing program offices
- Designing team meeting agendas and capturing key takeaways and action items
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - 60,000, annually, commensurate with demonstrated experience, abilities, and location. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.