Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
We’re looking for a highly organized, detail oriented, and social justice-minded Program Assistant to work out of our Oklahoma office to support our program staff and participants. You may be the ideal candidate if you demonstrate a “can do” attitude, love driving results through teamwork, and enjoy jumping into support when needed for an organization with an impactful mission.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Our programs help participants successfully transition from incarceration to stable, productive lives. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that support themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s has grown into the leading national reentry employment organization in the country. Through CEO, over 17,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Over the past 5 years, CEO expanded nationally into 22 cities in New York, California, Oklahoma, Ohio, Colorado, and Pennsylvania, and will continue to grow further in the next three years.
What You’ll Do
Responsibilities of the Program Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Developing and revising resumes with our participants
- Helping participants complete online and written applications
- Conducting mock interviews with participants
- Distribute incentives to participants that reach employment milestones
- Assisting with data collection and grant reporting
- Providing administrative support for full-time CEO staff, including scheduling appointments, making reminders calls to participants, maintaining files, and assisting with walk-in appointments
- Supporting CEO’s bi-weekly orientation and training
In addition to the above responsibilities, you’ll have the opportunity to engage in personal development projects and actively participate in staff events. At CEO, we’re committed to ensuring that your internship is a learning and exploratory experience. You’ll have ample opportunity to learn from each department and staff member in our offices.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to engage a class and facilitate a curriculum
- How to motivate individuals towards a common goal
- How to support and administer programs
- How to network with potential employers
Who You Are:
- You’re interested in working for a social justice-focused, fast-paced, and results-oriented nonprofit and are deeply aligned with CEO’s mission
- You take pride in the spot-on accuracy of your work and ability to juggle multiple priorities to deadlines
- You have strong organizational skills and are able to prioritize and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and are comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce
- You pride yourself in your ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences
The Program Assistant’s schedule is flexible and can be tailored to your availability during our office hours (8:30-4:30, M-F) though we ask for a 15-20 hour commitment during the week and prefer candidates that are available for most mornings in the weeks. This opportunity is paid $12 per hour.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.