Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
We’re looking for a highly organized, detail oriented, and social justice-minded Program Assistant to work out of our Oklahoma office to support our program staff and participants. You may be the ideal candidate if you demonstrate a “can do” attitude, love driving results through teamwork, and enjoy jumping into support when needed for an organization with an impactful mission. This position will operate Monday - Friday from 8:30 - 12:30.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 7,500 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and the Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
What You’ll Do
Responsibilities of the Program Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Acting as the “first touch point” of the organization - welcoming and directing our participants to their appointments, answering their questions as needed.
- Coordinating and managing the flow of operations/appointments daily
- Providing administrative support for full-time CEO staff, including scheduling appointments, making reminder calls to participants, maintaining files, and assisting with walk-in appointments
- Effectively understand and be able to communicate CEO’s program model to participants and any stakeholders.
- Supporting CEO’s bi-weekly orientation and training
- Assisting the office staff members with administrative tasks as needed, such as resume revisions, mock interviews, etc
In addition to the above responsibilities, you’ll have the opportunity to engage in personal development projects and actively participate in staff events. At CEO, we’re committed to ensuring that your time here is a learning and exploratory experience. You’ll have ample opportunity to learn from each department and staff member in our offices.
What You’ll Learn:
- How to engage a class and facilitate a curriculum
- How to motivate individuals towards a common goal
- How to support and administer programs
- How to network with potential employers
Who You Are:
- You’re interested in working for a social justice-focused, fast-paced, and results-oriented nonprofit and are deeply aligned with CEO’s mission
- You take pride in the spot-on accuracy of your work and ability to juggle multiple priorities to deadlines
- You have strong organizational skills and are able to prioritize and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and are comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and Salesforce
- You pride yourself in your ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varying backgrounds and experiences
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.
Please click here to apply.