Part-Time Contract Remote Recruiting Sourcer
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
Open to candidates in NYC, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, DC
CEO is seeking a part-time Remote Recruiting Sourcer/Screener (Contract Position) to serve as a key partner to our Talent Acquisition team and hiring managers in building and scaling CEO’s team across the country. The Recruiting Sourcer/Screener will be responsible for building and cultivating sourcing strategies and research methodologies to surface top talent and build premiere pipelines, specifically for our sites that are experiencing rapid expansion and positions that are particularly difficult to fill.
This position is a 6-month contract position that has the possibility for extension based on organizational need. This is a great contract opportunity with flexible hours and the ability to work from home. We’re looking for an individual with several years of high volume full-cycle sourcing experience and a deep interest in helping a high impact organization grow its impact in communities across the country.
Who We Are
The provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the California Wellness Foundation, Arrowhead United Way, the Well Fargo Foundation, and the James Irvine Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
What You’ll Do:
Recruiting and Sourcing (95%)
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand core requirements and unique functions of core CEO roles
- Use creative sourcing and networking techniques to identify active and passive candidates
- Conduct and manage interview process and logistics for assigned searches, strategically leveraging and deploying organizational resources
- Conduct detailed, thorough candidate interviews
- Present qualified candidates and summary reports to hiring managers
- Develop and tailor strategies to build pipelines and benches of strong talent through tactical research, referral generation, cultivation events and sourcing campaigns
- Design recruitment plans tailored to the diverse regions in which CEO operates
- Identify, engage and capture passive candidates through Boolean, Linkedin and alternative search techniques
- Lead and schedule status updates for internal stakeholders on pipeline status, pipeline composition, regional talent insights and hiring timelines
- Identify and cultivate regional partnerships that supplement our long-term talent needs in the regions we operate
Team Support (5%)
- Lead skill shares on sourcing techniques with Talent Acquisition Team
- Occasionally attend weekly meetings to highlight and report out on sourcing data
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience (sourcing, recruiting, interviewing and closing)
- High volume sourcing experience in a fast-paced, high growth work environment, with experience juggling and prioritizing competing demands a must
- Strong consultant orientation, demonstrated results in influencing stakeholders at all levels
- Must have proven track record in being able to effectively recruit remotely in a home-based office.
- Enjoys contributing to a social justice-centered efforts by supporting the work of others
- Strong communicator and initiator with a customer service mindset -- you enjoy building relationships. anticipating staff needs, and supporting people of varying backgrounds and personalities
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality while paying keen attention to detail
The hourly rate for this role is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at
Please click here for the job application.