Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is looking to hire a dynamic and engaging Outreach Specialist in our New York City office who will serve as the face of the organization within local parole and probation offices, developing and deepening relationships with parole officers, providing them with information about our work, and building their commitment to referring a strong pipeline of participants for our programs. In the day-to-day, the Outreach Specialist meets with parole officers, recruits program participants, and leads presentations about our program and offerings.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You demonstrate commitment to CEO’s mission and interest in working in a fast-growing and results-oriented nonprofit environment
- You have a deep interest in re-entry or criminal justice reform
- You demonstrate respect, fairness, patience, and efficiency to participants, employees, and community partners
- You identify and/or anticipate problems, analyze situations, and provide solutions while working effectively under pressure and maintaining focus on objectives
- You are comfortable conducting outreach and skilled in relationship building; ability to ascertain the values of a particular individual or group and craft persuasive written or verbal communication given those priorities
- You have strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills to achieve results desired
- You have the ability to take into account and analyze various points of view and data to form a perspective appropriate to a particular context
- You are comfortable with technological tools such as Salesforce and Google Suite
- You have a bachelor’s degree (ideally with a focus on criminal justice, public administration, psychology, social work, or a related liberal arts field)
- You are able to travel throughout the NYC area
The Nitty Gritty
Job responsibilities of the Outreach Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and deepening relationships with probation officers and community based organizations, providing them with information about our work and building their commitment to referring a strong pipeline of participants for our programs
- Meeting with probation officers, facilitating program referrals for prospective clients, leading presentations about our service offerings, and sharing feedback with about client progress at CEO
- Making referrals for participants when needed
- Attending and presenting at DOCCS bureaus and other referral sources
- Identifying strategies to recruit 18-25 year old potential participants through observation and experimentation
- Detailing reports of daily activity interactions with POs and participants, maintaining accurate and up-to-date contact information, and completion of participant profiles in Salesforce
- Serves as a liaison for employment verification between CEO and our justice partners
- Utilizing Motivational Interviewing to guide participants to programmatic engagement
Compensation and Benefits
The compensation for this position is $45,000 annually, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
CEO is a diverse team working to advance economic opportunity for people returning home from incarceration. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Please click here to apply.