Outreach and Intake Specialist
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is looking to hire an Outreach and Intake Specialist who will serve as the face of the organization and key representative to our justice partners in San Diego (including corrections and community supervising departments and other criminal justice and community partners). This position will develop and deepen relationships with jails and prisons, parole officers, probation officers, and additional partners, providing them with information about our work and building their commitment to referring a strong pipeline of participants for our programs.
Who We Are
The provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Key responsibilities of the Outreach and Intake Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Develops strategies to recruit justice involved individuals
- Recruits formerly incarcerated and sentenced individuals to participate in CEO's employment program by conducting outreach to and engaging justice and community based partners
- Makes daily presentations to bureaus and other referral sources
- Captures detailed reports describing daily activities, outreach efforts, and interactions with justice and community based partners
- Performs initial screening of all referrals to ensure program eligibility
- Supports the orientation process by collecting documents from participants; returns documents with 100% accuracy to participants
- Reviews and ensures that all documents received are in compliance with the requirements of the CEO program and federal guidelines
- Enters all intake information expeditiously and with 98% accuracy into CEO’s computerized data system (Salesforce)
- Provides a brief overview of the CEO program to all walk-in participants
- Retrieves parolee documentation from staff and parole officers
- Exchanges information in a timely and collegial manner with all participants, referral representatives and departments involved in the intake process
- Completes needed reports and forms and documents accurately and submits them within preset target turnaround times
Administrative and Team Support
- Responds to inquiries from soon-to-be-released prisoners for letters of reasonable assurance
- Responds in a timely fashion to inquiries from governmental entities such as the Office of Child Support Enforcement and the Social Security Administration as well as from companies seeking employment verifications
- Develops an understanding of the functions and responsibilities of all vocational and transitional employment services
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities that will be assigned from time to time
Who You Are:
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and perhaps are already working in the re-entry space
- You take a human-centered approach when communicating with potential participants
- You’re a people person and are comfortable conducting outreach
- You pay particular attention to the needs and priorities of a particular individual or group and craft persuasive written or verbal communication given those priorities
- You’re able to take into account and analyze various points of view and data to form a perspective appropriate to a particular context
- You have strong time management and prioritization skills
- You’re able to travel throughout the San Diego area
- You come to CEO with 1-3 years of relevant experience (recruitment, outreach, relationship building)
- You’re computer savvy (demonstrated word processing skills, ability to use the Internet to research, familiarity with Salesforce preferred)
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
Perks and Benefits
The salary for this position is $40,000-42,000. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff. CEO is also dedicated to ongoing staff development and training, including regular training opportunities in Motivational Interviewing (MI). MI is one evidence-based skill that reentry and human service professionals can utilize when supporting participants to achieve their goals.
More About Us
CEO is a diverse team working to advance economic opportunity for people returning home from incarceration. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. Learn more at .
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Please click here for the job application.