National Sales Manager
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is seeking a passionate, driven, and entrepreneurial National Sales Manager to join our growing Sales / Social Enterprise team. This individual will support expansion and sustainability efforts across the organization, with a focus on developing our social enterprise.
In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to serve 9,000 participants annually. In order to meet this goal, the organization plans to expand its footprint in new site locations and build depth at its current sites through its impactful program model. Our social enterprise work crews are the centerpiece of CEO’s growth model. Every participant works as part of a transitional work crew to gain experience and income while concurrently working with CEO’s vocational staff to identify and secure long-term employment. Our Sales Team is tasked with expanding work crew opportunities for CEO participants through public and private partnerships.
The National Sales Manager will work closely with the National Director of Sales and focus on developing and securing new business opportunities throughout the country. This involves bringing on additional transitional work customers in new and diverse industries, as well as deepening our current relationships, to give our participants additional skills as they re-enter the job market. The National Sales Manager will wear many hats and should be comfortable taking the lead on all aspects of the sales process from lead generation, prioritizing customer leads, presenting to clients, writing proposals, contract negotiation and closing deals. This person will work and manage other sales team members, including local business development and regional sales managers, to help achieve individual and organization-wide goals. The National Sales Manager will also partner with the Site Directors to bring new accounts on board and ensure client satisfaction.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a “sales thought partner” to the National Director of Sales on how to develop new business for a customer base that has previously had limited experience with CEO’s staffing solution
- Develop new customer relationships and come up with creative ways to deepen existing ones by leveraging multiple sources (e.g., networking, cold calling, research, etc.) and help each region keep a robust pipeline
- Continuously move opportunities along in the sales process, directly engage with prospective customers, and close sales
- Develop sales proposals designed to meet individual client needs. Negotiate expectations, terms, conditions, and pricing of services with new clients with support from other team members.
- Partnering with local office directors, ensure high-levels of client satisfaction and identify areas for potential for account growth
- Research potential customers to assess needs and stay abreast of latest industry developments, and leverage industry knowledge to inform innovative sales strategy
- Contribute to the development of sales team best practices and assist in coaching existing team with potential pathway for sales management role
- Conduct other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with at least 5 years of demonstrated experience in sales, business development, strategic account management, strategy consulting, or recruiting /staffing. We also welcome entrepreneurial individuals with experience in a fast-paced startup or high-impact social enterprise environment
- You have experience managing and developing a team to meet shared sales outcomes and objectives; you demonstrate comfort in strategically delegating tasks and projects
- You have a demonstrated track record of success in your chosen profession: sales/business development experience with emphasis on new business acquisition and meeting quotas, high placement rates in recruiting or achieving project based goals on time with satisfied customers
- You possess an entrepreneurial mindset and are willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done during a period of rapid growth within a fast-paced and results-focused environment
- You are a creative problem solver, thriving in environments without a previously established path to success and adapting and adjusting your course as needed
- You enjoy networking and cultivating lasting relationships with people and businesses, helping them understand how our work can help them achieve their business strategy and goals
- You possess superior communication skills both verbal and written; You are equally comfortable writing a proposal as you are presenting to a client’s senior management team
- You have strong interpersonal / negotiation skills, decision-making, and the ability to influence others
- You are eager to apply your experience and skill set within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization, and are perhaps already working in the re-entry space
- You are comfortable being a “Road Warrior” and have the ability to travel several times a month or as needed
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this mid-level position is commensurate with experience. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
How to Apply:
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume via our website (www.ceoworks.org/careers). Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please also upload your documents with your first and last name followed by resume/cover letter as the saved document title.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here for the job application.