Mid-Atlantic Regional Senior Site Supervisor
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
The Regional Senior Site Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring the success of daily operations for 7-10 of CEO’s transitional work crews/sites in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, Memphis, Louisville and New Orleans. The Regional Senior Site Supervisor will train and coach Site Supervisors in this region to be effective leaders and mentors, coordinate with Fleet Management to maintain tools and equipment, coordinate with Talent and HR to ensure that all positions are filled with qualified Site Supervisors, oversee all administrative paperwork for crew contracts and invoicing, and assist Site Directors and transitional work crew customers in maintaining quality crews.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities. What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 1-2 years of leadership experience in operations and performance management.
- You have experience in general labor, maintenance and operating site equipment which also includes landscaping.
- You are a great problem-Solver and Decision-Maker.
- You have experience building teams and building relationships with external partners.
- You must have a High School Diploma or a High School Equivalency Diploma.
- You must also have a valid Driver’s License and have the ability to drive 15-passenger vans with trailers attached
- You are okay with traveling between crew sites in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg in Pennsylvania; Louisville, KY; Memphis, TN; and New Orleans, LA. to support the Site Supervisors and Site Directors in sustaining quality transitional work crews
Key responsibilities of the Regional Senior Site Supervisor include but are not limited to:
Site supervisor development and performance management
- Monitor and evaluate the Site Supervisor’s job performance while providing individualized instruction, training, coaching and feedback to ensure performance improvement and productivity
- Build team and environment of collaboration with Site Supervisors across sites, disciplined pursuit of team goals and builds goodwill by fostering communication, cooperation and celebration.
Crew operations and administrative management
- Serve as an internal liaison between CEO’s participant scheduling department, vocational staff, regional operations and other CEO staff
- Create and maintain systems around transitional work to support the administration of work assignments and increase effectiveness of operations
- Track and monitor supply inventory for work crews and assist Site Directors in managing crew needs
- Ensure the quality completion of all site supervisor paperwork and documentation required for contracts and internal policies
Transitional work quality assurance
- Ensure Site Supervisors are able to monitor working conditions for hazards, referring routinely to CEO’s health and safety manual
- Ensure crews are using appropriate methods and materials that keep team members and passersby safe from harm
- Serve as an external liaison between CEO and worksite partners/customers to ensure transitional work is being done satisfactorily and according to agreed-upon scope of work
- Ensure all transitional work equipment including vans and trailers are functional and proactively address potential issues of needs
PERFORMANCE GOALS (Lead the Site Supervisor teams to:)
- Fully staff all regional crews with appropriate numbers of participants and site supervisors
- Ensure the timely submission and reporting of all internal and external documentation (incident reports, write-ups, checks bag counts, etc)
- Collaborate with the Site Directors to understand individual Site Supervisor strengths and address essential areas of development
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $60,000- $63,000. In an effort to be both equitable and transparent, CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, experience, internal equity, and home office location in making a final determination on our salary offer. We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide health, dental, 401k, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here for the job application.