Manager, Facilities Planning and Management
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager, Facilities Planning and Management to oversee national facilities planning including site selection, financial analysis and budgeting, negotiations, design, vendor management and purchasing related to facilities. They will also offer facilities management support and planning for our growing number of sites across the US.
The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about playing a key role in an organization’s expansion efforts, designing inspiring spaces that lead to enhanced employee productivity and engagement, and measuring success through progress against key metrics including cost and space quality.
These responsibilities are representative, but not all inclusive, of the responsibilities of this role:
- Partner with the Operations, IT, Employee Experience, and Program teams to identify facilities-related initiatives that promote a best in class, safe, collaborative, accessible and inclusive workplace environment where CEO employees can thrive
- Through initial and ongoing assessments, create consistent space and workstation standards for CEO offices
- Develop data gathering, reporting, and analysis mechanisms to ensure that staff and participant feedback inform space design and planning
- Develop short and long-term facility operations plans
- Create and maintain an annual facilities budget with a rolling multi-year view for all properties, facilities and vendors; monitor and report on budget on a periodic basis
- Create standardized nation-wide safety protocols and standards as they relate to facility layout and controls that sustain a productive work culture and safe work environment; implement standards in existing and new facilities
- Review and improve facilities processes and procedures, ensuring sites are in compliance with all facilities-related laws and regulations
Real Estate Management
- Lead site selection and deal-making for new CEO locations; travel as needed to conduct market tours and view current and potential properties
- Collaborate cross functionally to advance site selection, design, renovation, negotiation, lease execution, etc.
- Negotiate business terms of the lease
- Develop relationships with landlords, brokers, and other key resources, such as architects and designers
- Assist in the transition from lease negotiation to design and construction
- Outfit new space and ensure new sites are opened on schedule
- Plan, design, and lead projects related to expansion, relocation, renovation, etc. of offices, coordinating project requirements for shutdowns, tie-ins, and contractor access
- Develop short and long-term facility operations plans.
- Set up new office and maintain existing offices, including purchasing furniture, coordinating utilities and other key workplace services.
- Develop sustainable and scalable systems and procedures related to office operations, maintenance, and space planning that support day-to-day management of facilities and office operations
- Manage relationships with landlords and outsourced real estate service providers; ensure compliance with lease terms
- Liaise with staff at each office location to ensure consistent operations nationally
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of facilities-related information within the organization, including messaging related to emergency response plans
- Respond to emergency situations and coordinate any work needed to resolve the emergency
Team Management and Support
- Serve as an active and proactive contributor and collaborator of the larger Operations team, including leading/engaging in team meetings, participating in retreats and data analyses that drive strategy revamps, and supporting colleague projects
- Manage direct reports, including position(s) responsible for central office operations and ensure alignment with overall facilities goals
- A natural project manager: you’re adept at planning, budgeting, and executing complex projects involving multiple stakeholders, with the ability to meet project deadlines and budget parameters
- An analytic problem solver: You have the innate foresight to see issues before they happen and be proactive to prevent them.
- Passion and drive: Your self-motivation powers you through your responsibilities and challenges that arise in your work.
- At home in a fast paced environment that’s in the midst of major growth and expansion
- Customer service oriented: you design and plan with the staff and participants in mind, and anticipate needs before they arise, all with an appropriate sense of urgency
- A strong communicator, advisor, and negotiator, with demonstrated ability to influence stakeholders of all levels, and to balance and execute on feedback from a variety of collaborators; you enjoy securing the best deal (experience with vendor selection and management preferred)
- Comfortable with technology, including Google Suite and project management tools
- Able to travel: you enjoy traveling for work and are able to travel to other national locations as needed
- Safety-minded with a visible and uncompromised commitment to the protection and productivity of the CEO team
Education and Experience
- At least 3-4 years of multi-site facilities management or real estate leadership experience including experience in a supervisory or management capacity
- Working knowledge and understanding of real estate related standards, policies, best practices, metrics, and processes related to strategic sourcing, supply chain management, facilities management, location management, lease transaction management, design and construction
- Some experience managing a variety of leased real estate properties
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.