Manager, Accounts Payable
Please see details about the job opening below. To apply, click here for job application.
CEO is looking for an Accounts Payable Manager to manage the complete accounts payable cycle at CEO, which includes developing, refining, and implementing policies and procedures, identifying opportunities for increased efficiencies, and performing general accounting duties within the Finance Department, including account analyses. The Accounts Payable Manager supervises a small team of 2 support staff.
The ideal candidate for this role is a “numbers” and “people person” who enjoys developing infrastructure while sustaining strong internal controls, ensuring accurate and timely accounts payable, and providing excellent customer service to vendors and staff.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO’s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 6,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 22 cities across eight states. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to serve 9,000 participants annually. CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Greenlight Fund, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Bank of America Foundation, among many others.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with at least 5+ years AP/related experience and strong knowledge of Accounts Payable best practices, with at least 2 years of proven success managing a small team (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related subject preferred)
- You’ve demonstrated superior proficiency with Excel and accounting software; you have understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) & Reporting and OMB Circular A-122 and A-133 guidelines
- You’re a strong communicator, adviser, and negotiator, with demonstrated ability to provide quality customer service to internal stakeholders and external vendors of all levels and backgrounds
- You’re able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment while maintaining accuracy and timeliness in your work; you can prioritize and coordinate a large number of projects with minimum supervision
- You have a passion for leveraging systems and driving process improvements, leading with inquiry and analysis to understand complex issues and designing scalable systems that meet the needs of your users
- You view “bumps” as opportunities to showcase your skill
- You’re able to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- Prior experience in a high-growth, multi-site organization is highly desired
Major responsibilities of the Manager, Accounts Payable include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares monthly account analyses and supports month end closing
- Assists with requests during agency audits
- Monitors sub-ledger to ledger on a daily basis, ensuring they balance
- Monitors accounts payable and Aging Schedule
- Schedules and submits vendor payments, reconciles vendor accounts, and responds to all vendor inquiries
- Reviews and posts drafted vendor invoices to the general ledger; gathers appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Prints all accounts payable reports and maintains all accounts payable files
- Audits and processes credit card bills
- Matches invoices to checks, prepares accounts payable checks as required according to company policy, obtains all signatures for checks, and distributes checks accordingly
- Manages employee expense reimbursement platform (Expensify) and credit card issuance and ensures employee reimbursements are processed in a timely manner
- Trains staff on expense reimbursement processes and systems
- Maintains systems for allocating OTPS expenses across programs and contracts
- Manages relationships with vendors
Team Management and Support
- Supervises, coaches, and develops a small team
- Liaises with personnel responsible for government grant compliance to ensure proper allocations
- Prepares and files IRS form 1099
- Serves as an active and proactive contributor and collaborator of the larger Finance team, including lending expertise and supporting colleague projects
- Manages systems and user rights, and trains staff regularly
- Prepares materials such as but not limited: petty cash process, credit card reconciliations, templates for payment requests, etc.
- Leads special projects that drive CEO’s strategic plan forward as needed
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here for job application.