Please see details about this opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
CEO is currently seeking to hire a Job Developer for our Los Angeles Office, a role that’s crucial to CEO’s work to help individuals coming out of incarceration regain the skills and confidence needed for a successful transition to stable and productive lives.
Job Developers increase the range of employment opportunities available to our participants using participant interests, experiences, and their ambitions as a foundation for participant job placements, and more broadly, for the identification and cultivation of potential employers for prospect portfolios.
The most rewarding part of being a Job Developer is the joy you feel upon making the “right fit” match between participant and employer. Your expertise and insight lead not only to successful matches in the now but to participant longevity in the workforce which often drastically reduces the rate of recidivism.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 2-3 years experience in workforce development, recruitment, or sales/account management, a role in which you needed to meet performance goals on a regular basis
- You have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to adjust to particular personalities and interaction styles on the spot
- You’re able to look at a set of data or market research and use it to guide your practice and decision-making
- You enjoy networking and cultivating lasting relationships with people and businesses, helping them understand how our work can help them achieve their business strategy and goals
- You’re deeply dedicated to social justice and perhaps are already working in the re-entry space
- You’re passionate about making an impact in people's lives and interested in guiding them to achieving their career goals through a balance of accountability and empathy
- You’re resilient and never give up, anticipating and addressing challenges along the way while keeping your eye on the end goal
- You’re comfortable working under pressure and meeting deadlines despite opposition or setbacks
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
Key responsibilities of the Job Developer include but are not limited to:
Business Strategy and Analysis
- Envision, develop, and implement a strategic plan for placement services that ensures CEO meets its participant placement metrics
- Conduct reviews of existing CEO business partnerships regularly, evaluate employer demand and usage of CEO services, and determine improvements and ways to leverage relationships with employers
- Achieve weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual placement goals in accordance with CEO’s contractual obligations
Relationship Cultivation and Maintenance
- Research, conduct outreach to, and build relationships with prospective employers willing to hire CEO participants and who have hiring needs that match the skills, experience, and interests of our overall participant cohort
- Maintain relationships with existing employer partners
- Schedule and conduct daily prospecting, cold calls, and face-to-face meetings
- Serve as the liaison among employers, participants, and our criminal justice partners
- Screen and match program participants with employment opportunities, taking into consideration each participant’s skills, work experience, interests, and goals and aspirations
- Customize participants’ resumes to fit identified opportunities
- Manage a caseload of participants, support and coach them around applying for jobs, navigating the hiring process, and finding and securing right fit employment
- Document all participant and employer contact, activities, and outcomes in our case management system (Salesforce)
- Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities assigned from time to time
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is in the mid-$40’s + commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities; this position also comes with the opportunity to earn regular bonuses based on performance. In an effort to be both equitable and transparent, CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, both experience, internal equity, and home office location in making a final determination on our salary offer. We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide health, dental, 401k, and professional development opportunities to our staff. CEO is also dedicated to ongoing staff development and training, including regular training opportunities in Motivational Interviewing (MI). MI is one evidence-based skill that reentry and human service professionals can utilize when supporting participants to achieve their goals.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.