Job Coach / Retention Specialist
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is seeking to hire a strong communicator and individual who thrives when engaging and supporting others to serve as a Job Coach/Retention Specialist (JC/RS) in our Tulsa office. They will coach and support the development of participants into competitive job seekers and top notch employees, and support participants in retaining their job once they become employed outside of CEO.
The JC/RS is essential to identifying and addressing participants’ barriers to employment. Through early intervention and appropriate support services, they are devoted to helping participants stay motivated while working in temporary employment and focused on their efforts to retain permanent employment. The JC/RS has a caseload of participants to whom they provide support services to ensure they become job start ready. They monitor participant progress utilizing weekly targeted case management, motivational interviewing, and connections and referrals to other support services agencies.
The JC/RS is also responsible for helping CEO achieve targeted participant retention outcomes of 90, 180, and 365 days of full-time employment through monthly communication with participants. They keep participants engaged in CEO services and in the labor force for twelve months from the start of the first full-time job placement. A successful JC/RS understands customer relationship management and the importance of quality data entry, and they will be responsible for maintaining and documenting the status of the relationship between the participant and CEO in our case management system.
Who We Are
CEO began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City. We’ve grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You have demonstrated commitment to CEO’s mission and interest in working in a fast-growing and results-oriented nonprofit environment
- You have the ability to anticipate problems, evaluate them, and determine and implement solutions
- You have a bachelor’s degree (ideally with a focus in psychology or social work) preferred
- You have 1-3 years of case management experience
- You have experience providing feedback and guidance to help clients strengthen knowledge and skills
- You have the ability to help others stay focused on and accountable to their goals
- You display consistent dedication, adaptability, and flexibility in the face of adversity
- You have strong time management and prioritization skills
- You have demonstrated ability to navigate or learn to navigate technological systems quickly
Compensation & Benefits
The salary for this position is $40,000. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
Please click here for the job application.