Development Associate of Individual & Corporate Gifts
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for job application.
Center for Employment Opportunities is currently seeking a passionate, driven, and detail-oriented Development Associate of Individual & Corporate Gifts to join our Individual Giving team. Reporting to the Donor Relations Officer, this role will coordinate written and electronic materials, helping to further CEO’s Annual Giving efforts. Additionally, the Development Associate of Individual & Corporate Gifts will be responsible for the management of donor information in CEO’s Salesforce database and provide administrative and data-management support to the Individual Giving team.
The Development Associate of Individual & Corporate Gifts is critical to CEO’s ability to provide individual donors and corporate partners, a pathway into our donor community. The ideal candidate for this role is growth focused, thrives on designing, implementing, and evaluating initiatives, and possess past professional experience that has honed outreach techniques and skills. The Individual Giving team anticipates bringing the ideal candidate onto our team at the start of January 2020.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 7,500 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and the Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with a Bachelor's degree and a year of related experience, with an interest in having a fundraising career
- You have an understanding of annual fund purpose, strategies, methods, metrics, and best practices
- You enjoy the opportunity to connect in-person, by phone, and email to individual donors and corporate partners
- You are self directed and can manage a variety of tasks concurrently, efficiently and with pride for the quality of your work
- You are comfortable asking clarifying questions and take initiative when managing projects
- You love to write and ensure accuracy in communications, gift processing, and data management
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- You have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to create and maintain systems
- You’re very comfortable with technology, including Google Suite, and have experience with fundraising databases (Salesforce preferred)
The Nitty Gritty
Key responsibilities of the Development Associate of Individual & Corporate Gifts include but are not limited to the following:
Annual Fundraising Strategy & Implementation
- Assist the Individual Giving and Communications teams in conceptualizing, implementing, and executing an organization-wide donor acquisition strategy, featuring a unified national funding message and a focus on local funding needs
- Coordinate comprehensive, integrated, and multi-channel (direct mail, email, social media, phone) year-end appeals, including timing, content writing, workflow management, and working with internal stakeholders across departments
- Collaborate with internal teams to craft campaigns designed to increase the number of monthly donors
- Focus on strategies for acquiring new annual donors and renewing recent and lapsed donors
- Ensure that annual fund communications align with institutional messaging and priorities, and align with CEO’s predetermined donor communications calendar
- Work closely and collaboratively with Fund Development colleagues, and other support staff, to identify Annual Fund donors who require further research and may be major gift prospects
- Draft custom donor correspondence (such as proposals, pitch decks, and donor letters) for donors committing to multi-year annual fund gifts
Tracking and Analysis
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of records in Salesforce database, including tracking of appeals, donor biographical and contact information, and one-on-one interactions
- Work closely with Donor Relations Officer and the Stewardship & Development Associate to create meaningful and actionable analysis on annual fund giving, including breakdown by appeal and segment, giving vehicle, response channel, constituency, dollar range, etc
- Partner with the Donor Relations Officer to create fundraising and participation goals and metrics for each sit
- Participate in professional development and keep up with trends in annual giving and fundraising
The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience. In an effort to be both equitable and transparent, CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, both experience, internal equity, and home office location in making a final determination on our salary offer. We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide health, dental, 401k, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at Opens in New Window
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.
Please click here to apply.