HR Systems Specialist
Please see details about this opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
We’re seeking a Specialist, HR Systems to serve as an integral part of the Benefits & People Operations team and manage our human resource information system (HRIS) and employee benefits portals. This role is a great fit for someone who enjoys identifying and resolving system issues before and as they arise and ensuring the integrity of key people data. You’ll support our employees to understand how to use and access our HR systems, ensure our HR systems are current and meet organizational needs, and create reports that enable easy access to key employee data.
The person in this role is an analytical, collaborative and systems-minded team player who’s driven to serve and have an impact within the lives of underserved populations. They will contribute knowledge and insights that create greater efficiencies and service to our employees, and have the opportunity to work as part of a larger Employee Experience unit that’s focused on creating a supportive, inclusive, and responsive work environment for all of our employees.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You’re eager to apply your experience and skills to drive a best in class employee experience within a fast-paced, mission-driven, and social justice-minded nonprofit organization.
- You have 4+ years of experience performing HR functions, ideally within nonprofit or government environment. Experience envisioning and implementing an HRIS required.
- You possess a strong aptitude and ability with HR technology, including designing, configuring and pulling various data reports
- You have demonstrable understanding and knowledge of HR practices, and general, up-to-date understanding of federal, state and local employment laws.
- You believe gathering and incorporating feedback from your colleagues is integral to system design; you refine practices as needed
- Your decisions are informed by business needs and/or the customer experience
- You understand the importance of confidentiality and exercise good judgment to maintain confidentiality of critical and sensitive information, records, and reports.
- You’re able to coordinate multiple moving projects and maintain an efficient workflow under pressure despite setbacks; you enjoy employing your organizational abilities and time and project management skills to support your performance.
- You’re experienced in building process flows and have the ability to see simplicity in the complex. You create processes that support simplicity as much as possible.
- You’re extremely detail-oriented, understanding that details drive data accuracy
- You’re able to communicate ideas and changes clearly and concisely verbally and in writing, and able to tailor your communication style to various stakeholders
What You’ll Do
Key responsibilities of the HRIS Specialist will include, but are not limited to, the following:
System Strategy and Administration
- Serve as our in-house expert and consultant on CEO’s HRIS system (ADP), time management system (Kronos), 403B platform (Principal) and other benefits systems
- Maintain awareness of current HR technology trends with a focus on new product enhancements that support service delivery and support; analyze and determine potential fits
- Develop, roll out, and refine system usage policies and procedures
- Ensure data integrity through the development and implementation of consistent data audits
- Oversee processing of changes to employee profiles, including wage adjustments
- Research, respond to and resolve all system issues, unexpected results, or process flaws; recommend potential solutions in a timely manner
- Contribute and design workflows for processes that run across departments
- Lead the identification, review, testing, and implementation of all needed system upgrades
- Audit data, including benefits enrollment, new hire information, and status changes to identify redundancies, variances and/or inconsistencies in systems; develop plans to address
- Bring users together to understand their system needs and challenges
- Design pilots to understand feasibility and value of system updates and overhauls
- Recommend customer service improvements, innovating and recommending process changes and/or variations from established policy when needed.
- Develop, communicate, implement, and refine as needed process for reporting requests
- Develop creation and distribution cycle for commonly requested reports
- Coordinate response to all reporting requests
- Create, refine, and maintain a variety of system reports in response to customer needs
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration
Team Management and Support
- Support audits performed by external auditors by providing documentation and data
- Assist with other projects and duties as needed or assigned by Employee Experience team
- Develop communication tools to enhance understanding of CEO’s benefits package, including the use of audiovisual tools, including powerpoint and videos
- Serve as an advisor, trainer, coach for all things HR systems
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid
parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and
more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and
learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with
convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color,
citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local