Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is seeking a Grants Analyst to join the Grants Team to support our overall goal of timely billings and collections. As the Grants Analyst, you will develop, maintain, and submit contract billings assigned to you. You will also be responsible for the timely collection of outstanding government contract receivables. This position requires both critical and analytical thinking skills in order to ensure accurate and timely submissions and personal drive to achieve personal, team, and organizational goals. During your time as the Grants Analyst, at CEO, you’ll be given the opportunity to gain knowledge and experience while working with multiple types of government grants.
Who We Are
CEO began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City. We’ve grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with a passion to continue your professional development with a growing organization
- You’re a quick learner and possess strong mathematical, analytical, and technical skills along with the ability to apply these skills in Excel and other accounting software (experience with Intacct is a plus!)
- You’re an excellent communicator, both written and verbally, with the ability to effectively communicate with various internal stakeholders, and clients/grantors
- You’re a strong task manager and organized worker with the ability to maintain oversight of all of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces under tight timelines
- You’re successful in using your analytical and critical thinking skills to assess challenges and identify/propose potential solutions
- You’re flexible and possess the ability to adapt to changes in policies and procedures
What You’ll Be Responsible For
The Grants Analyst will provide support on the following:
- Preparing financial reports for various government agencies, including requests for reimbursement for incurred expenses and outstanding government contract receivables
- Collaborating with the Grants Accountant on budget modifications
- Collecting and preparing any budget information, when requested
- Preparing schedules, analyses, and documents for funder and governmental agency audits in a timely manner
- Evaluating agency compliance specifically related to contract and funder requirements and agency policies and procedures
- Performing account analysis in support of the Grants Accountant
- Supporting fund allocation for all expenditures processed by CEO
- Performing additional duties, as requested
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is 45-50K, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.