Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
As CEO continues it’s nationwide expansion in serving and employing more participants each day, increasing the capacity of our Social Enterprise operations is key to that growth.
In order to ensure our Social Enterprise work crews are set up for success and are equipped to meet client demands, CEO is eagerly searching for a Fleet Manager, internally known as Fleet Specialist, to develop systems and structures that ensure our national fleet of over 200 vehicles and equipment run safely, smoothly and efficiently as they transport our participants to and from work sites each day
The ideal candidate will have experience in Fleet Management, Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Administration, and/or Vendor Management.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to understand fleet needs related to safety and increased efficiency
- Develop and implement processes to identify and analyze fleet equipment
- Identify fleet knowledge gaps and develop training initiatives and programs
- Monitor and evaluate fleet acquisition processes and recommend improvements based on results and user feedback, continually seeking new approaches and practices
Fleet & Vendor Management
- Manage the operation of all company-owned vehicles and ensure each vehicle adheres to industry standards and regulations for emissions, usage, and operation.
- Develop and implement a system to increase transparency and ease of tracking fleet of over 200 vehicles, trailers, and other equipment.
- Offer support in negotiating vendor contracts (using RFIs, RFPs, and RFQs) to ensure competitive market advantage and leverage CEO spending power.
- Review current fleet contracts/vendor arrangements to ensure CEO has the most competitive and efficient model in place.
- Develop tools for and analyze vendor performance results (on the basis of delivery, lead-time, production-time, quality, cost and more) to identify and prioritize areas for improvement and ensure business objectives are met
- Manage, train, and motivate vehicle requesters and inventory leads in CEO’s fleet acquisition and maintenance processes and systems
- Develop, document, and implement proactive fleet-related philosophies, strategies, policies, procedures, safety measures, and systems (inclusive but not limited to: fleet maintenance, fuel and toll procedures, driver training/evaluation/discipline/incentives, and parking/warehouse needs)
- Identify process and program improvements and collaborate with multiple departments to create solutions
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 3-5 years of fleet management, procurement, supply chain, business administration, and/or vendor management experience and are eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive results within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You’re a strong project manager with the ability to maintain oversight of all of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces under tight timelines
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, negotiating skills and decision-making, and the ability to influence others
- You have the ability to be self-motivated
- You’re very analytical and have the ability to generate detailed reports with ease
- You’ve demonstrated a strong aptitude and ability with technology (with the Google Suite, Excel, and Salesforce)
- You enjoy setting ambitious goals and demonstrate eagerness, discipline, and resilience in achieving goals individually and collectively, no matter the complexities that arise
- You preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $65,000-70,000. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.
Please click here to apply.