Please see details for this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is hiring a highly organized and computer savvy Fleet Manager who will support CEO’s Operations team in managing a fleet of more than 100 vehicles across the country, envisioning and implementing a vehicle safety training, managing a safe driving incentive program, and monitoring the performance of CEO’s drivers with external vendors. The Fleet Manager will be responsible for keeping track of the vehicle fleet through their tracking system. The Fleet Manager will also communicate with drivers, ensure routes are being followed, help address operational efficiencies and manage any disciplinary actions with drivers.The ideal candidate is a self-starter and can juggle multiple priorities without a lot of supervision.
This position is based out of our headquarters in New York City but will be asked to travel to our office sites across the country.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO’s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 6,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities. Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 21 cities across eight states. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to serve 10,000 participants annually. CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, the Greenlight Fund, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Bank of America Foundation, among many others.
The Nitty Gritty
Major responsibilities of the Fleet Manager include but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day operations and maintenance associated with our vehicle fleet , using various databases
- Build and maintain a fleet database of approximately 75 vehicles used to track location, status and specification of vehicles throughout the country
- Establish vehicle policies and procedures for CEO drivers
- Evaluate and customize the vehicle safety training provided by the insurance carrier and roll out the training to relevant CEO staff
- Design and implement a safe driving incentive program across all of our offices
- Reconcile leases, fuel, and maintenance costs by jurisdiction, raising results to Regional Directors
- Ensure all contractual guidelines with external venders such as Enterprise and Lyft are being met
- Create operational and fleet specific financial and other business related analyses
- Maintain reports, files and relevant records related to maintenance, repairs, depreciation, and mileage
- Partner closely with our Finance and Compliance teams to identify cost inefficiencies and make improvement recommendations
- Reconcile tickets, accidents, and driving reports to identify recurring themes for training and/or disciplinary actions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
What You’ll Bring
- You come to CEO with 3-5 years of experience in Fleet Management or a related industry
- You have a demonstrated commitment to and enthusiasm for CEO’s mission and are eager to apply your experience and skill set within a fast-paced, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You’re a strong project manager with the ability to maintain oversight of all of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces under tight timelines
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, negotiating skills and decision-making, and the ability to influence others
- You have the ability to be self-motivated
- You’re very analytical and have the ability to generate detailed reports with ease
- You’ve demonstrated a strong aptitude and ability with technology (with the Google Suite, Excel, and Salesforce)
- You enjoy setting ambitious goals and demonstrate eagerness, discipline, and resilience in achieving goals individually and collectively, no matter the complexities that arise
- You preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree
Perks and Benefits
The compensation range for this position is $70,000-80,000. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.