Employee Relations Associate
Please see details about this opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
We’re seeking an adaptable, thorough, and resilient self-starter to serve as an Employee Relations Associate (ERA). This position works closely with our Director, Employee Relations, Legal and Compliance, and Employee Experience teams to facilitate the resolution of personnel concerns and issues across the organization. They help ensure our organization operates in a manner compliant with local, state, and federal regulatory requirements and laws especially with respect to employment.
The ERA helps to manage employee issues in a fast-moving environment, focusing on timely and personalized conflict prevention and resolution. They will conduct thorough internal investigations of employee complaints relating to, for example, discrimination or harassment. The ERA researches and investigates concerns and makes effective recommendations that promote a positive work environment, providing these services in an efficient, prompt, and values-driven manner.
Who We Are
CEO began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City. We’ve grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
These responsibilities are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the responsibilities of this role:
- Promote a positive environment and supportive culture for employees by maintaining an open door policy for all levels of staff and promoting open dialogue between all staff
- Respond to program participant and employee concerns about working conditions, harassment/discrimination claims, conflicts with colleagues or management, and other issues; escalate issues to appropriate managers as needed
- Provide consultation to employees and managers regarding the interpretation of policies, corrective actions, and effective problem-resolution to maximize employee performance
- Support managers by reviewing and editing corrective actions and termination letters, and assist managers with involuntary separations
- In partnership with Legal and Compliance and Employee Experience teams, support management in the delivery of fair, consistent and meaningful notice of performance improvement plans, verbal and written notices, and performance evaluations
- Work with managers and payroll in preparing for unemployment hearings and represent the organization at hearings. Provide required documentation/information for the effective and cost-efficient management of unemployment compensation claims.
- Design and conduct engaging employee relations trainings and communications; track participation in trainings, following up with employees as needed
- Track, log and analyze employee relations related information and data to support the organization in understanding where there is potential need for additional training, supports, and/or resources
- Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback; partner with the Employee Experience team in analysis, distribution, and action planning
- Additional duties in support of the Legal and Compliance team and organization as needed
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with at least 2 years in the Human Resources sector; 1+ years of employee relations experience, including investigations preferred
- You have a working knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws
- Your strong organizational skills and detail orientation enable you to juggle leadership of numerous projects and your flexible nature enables you to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- You listen, learn, and strive to understand diverse perspectives
- You have strong interpersonal skills, and ability to communicate and build relationships with stakeholders of all levels
- You actively help identify challenges and facilitate solutions
- You exercise sound judgment to support working with sensitive and confidential information
- Strong Google Suite skills preferred
- You have experience with facilitation, or are interested in learning how to facilitate group trainings and presentations
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.