Employee Experience Assistant
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is seeking a full-time Employee Experience Assistant to provide administrative support to our day-to-day human capital operations.
This important position provides broad administrative support to the Employee Experience team, including general clerical work, interacting and supplying information to job applicants and employees, coordinating trainings and events, and assisting with special projects.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual eager to gain exposure to and build experience driving people-centered culture-building initiatives and activities for a national organization.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Collecting and updating Talent Acquisition hiring resources on intranet portal
- Assisting with CEO’s recruitment and onboarding processes, posting positions, sourcing for positions, communicating with candidates, and scheduling interviews
- Serving as the point of contact for all inquiries from candidates
- Supporting candidate pre-screens as necessary
- Contributing to and coordinating aspects of CEO’s new hire orientation
- Developing weekly, bi-weekly and monthly meeting agendas and facilitating sessions where applicable
Learning & Development
- Coordinating trainings, including securing space, administering technology, preparing materials, communicating with participants, and more
- Contributing to building out of CEO’s learning resources for employees and managers
- Creating and distributing surveys to measure the effectiveness of learning outcomes and satisfaction levels with learning opportunities
- Coordinating CEO’s people performance management processes
- Supporting managers with internal job description maintenance
- Providing administrative support for the team leadership
- Processing receipts and invoices
- Coordinating the creation process for our monthly EX Newsletter
- Conducting research on human capital related topics
- Coordinating team-related projects and initiatives in support of Employee Experience strategic goals
- Contributing to and supporting CEO’s DEI and community-building initiatives
- Actively participating in regular team meetings
Who You Are:
- Enjoys contributing to a social justice-centered efforts by supporting the work of others
- Strong administrative experience in a fast-paced work environment, with experience juggling and prioritizing competing demands
- Systems thinker -- you enjoy creating order and putting into place workflows and system solutions where there are inefficiencies
- Exceptionally organized and detail oriented
- Strong communicator and initiator with a customer service mindset -- you enjoy building relationships. anticipating staff needs, and supporting people of varying backgrounds and personalities
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Google Suite
- Must be able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality while paying keen attention to detail
The salary range for this position is $45,000. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more at ceoworks.org.