Please see details about the job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
The Center for Employment Opportunities seeks an Eichenthal fellow reporting to the National Director, Program Innovation, who will provide support to CEO’s central operations. The fellow will conduct research, collect and analyze data, design and facilitate workshops and may work on other special projects as assigned by the Director. The fellowship last 10 weeks throughout the summer and provides students with professional, project-focused experience in organizations working to address a range of community issues. This position will be located in our downtown Manhattan office. Responsibilities:Performs Special Projects in collaboration with the National CEO Innovation Team and NYC Vocational Services Department.
- Conducts labor market research and wage analysis to ensure CEO’s participants stay marketable and are meeting employer demands;
- Identifies local employers who have a national presence and creates a strategy to convert them to national CEO hiring partners;
- Assist in research to help grow CEO’s Training & Consulting work, including researching workforce development systems in states across the country, identifying promising prospects for new business, and developing materials including issue briefs, white papers and best practice documents;
- Other duties as assigned.
Who You Are:
- You are a motivated undergraduate student with an interest in a working with a high impact non-profit working on increasing employment opportunities for returning citizens;
- You are highly self-directed with a drive to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment, as part of a team or independently, must be able to work autonomously with high-level direction;
- You have keen awareness and sensitivity to the needs and concerns of individuals from diverse cultures, backgrounds and orientations;
- You are detail-oriented, proactive, excellent organization and time management skills; Commitment to social, economic and racial justice and interest in working in these areas;
- You are open to working on a geographically dispersed team and know how to get work done over video conference, email, and Google Suite.
How to Apply:
To apply for this fellowship position, please prepare a thoughtful cover letter and submit your resume on our career portal. We are looking to fill this position immediately. The fellowship is a 10-week paid position and fellows will be provided with a $4,000 stipend for their work during the summer. While flexible, the ideal start date for the fellow would be at the end of May, with the fellowship running 10-weeks consecutively.