Economic Opportunity Manager
Please see details about this opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
CEO is seeking an Economic Opportunity Manager to join our growing organization. The Manager will work closely with our NYC and Upstate office locations to assess our program participants’ training needs to ensure that CEO’s training program meets labor market demands along with implementing financial empowerment programming.This position plays a major role in ensuring CEO participants have access to the skill building opportunities that will help them achieve upward economic mobility and the tools to manage their personal finances.
This position will oversee external relationships with training vendors in NY and ensure compliance with all contracts related to participant training. This position will require collaboration across offices and staff functions. The position will report to the Director of Economic Opportunity and supervise a small team of staff.
The successful candidate will manage the execution of multiple projects that have scaled as well as lead the roll-out of new pilots. Tasks will range from designing evaluation metrics, contract management, managing relationships with donors, generation of marketing materials, and beyond.
Who We Are
The provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
The Nitty Gritty
Responsibilities of the Manager, Economic Opportunity include but are not limited to:
Program Envisioning and Administration
- Manage the design, implementation, and evaluation of a portfolio of Economic Opportunity-related projects and programs
- Research and provide recommendations for additional training opportunities that would benefit our program participants
- Coordinate, market, and assess skills-based trainings facilitated on-site or by external providers
- Plan and lead meetings and training sessions with program staff to ensure adoption of the EO initiative and that pilots run smoothly
- Support and monitor ongoing adoption of skills-based and financial empowerment implementation on a national level
- Assist the Director of Economic Opportunity to develop and plan for implementation of successful program pilots across the organization
- Assess the fidelity and performance of program pilots
- Document program progress and report out to funders, board members, and other stakeholders
- Plan and facilitate regular meetings to share programmatic best practices across the organization and/or external stakeholders
Team Management and Support
- Monitor and supervise a small team of Coordinators and other part-time staff to achieve individual/team performance metrics
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Economic Opportunity
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with multiple years of experience in workforce development, financial coaching, program design, program evaluation, and/or a related area
- You are familiar with common programmatic challenges in the reentry employment field
- You are a creative problem solver who can move between strategic thinking and getting in the weeds
- You’re able to make decisions when there is incomplete information or competing opinions
- You have strong project management and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and on budget
- You have people management experience, equipped to build, manage, and develop a diverse team
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to diverse stakeholders
- You’re comfortable working independently on a geographically dispersed team, including managing projects via phone, email and video conference.
- You’re experienced in working with databases, performance measurement systems, or other data collection systems such as Google Suite and Salesforce
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here for the job application.