Economic Opportunity Manager
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
The Manager, Economic Opportunity directly oversees the execution of multiple contracts across CEO’s national footprint and supports the Director, Economic Opportunity and the wider team in the overall management of the Economic Opportunity (EO) portfolio, which aims to increase the economic mobility of participants by building tangible skills that enhance employment prospects and financial empowerment to help build stability and wealth over time.
This individual will manage the execution of multiple contracts, support existing projects that are at scale, and help launch new pilot projects. Tasks will range from contract management, designing evaluation metrics, managing relationships with donors, coordinating training vendors, generation of marketing materials, and beyond.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the GreenLight Fund, the Pew Charitable Trust, and the Nonprofit Finance Fund. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 3-5 years of experience in workforce development, financial coaching, program design, program evaluation, and/or a related area.
- You are experienced in working with databases, performance measurement systems, or other data collection systems such as Google Suite and/or Salesforce
- You have familiarity with common programmatic challenges in the reentry employment field
- You can demonstrate strong project management and planning skills, with demonstrated success producing high-quality deliverables on time and on budget
- You have people management experience, equipped to build, manage, and develop a diverse team
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to diverse stakeholders
- You are comfortable with working independently on a geographically dispersed team, including managing projects via phone, email and video conference.
- You are a creative problem solver who can move between strategic thinking and getting in the weeds; able to make decisions when there is incomplete information or competing opinions
These responsibilities are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the responsibilities of this role:
Program Envisioning and Administration
- Manage the design, implementation, and evaluation of a portfolio of Economic Opportunity-related projects and programs
- Research and provide recommendations for additional training opportunities that would benefit our program participants
- Coordinate, market, and assess skills-based trainings facilitated on-site or by external providers
- Collaborate with local staff to ensure that required programming is carried out
- Plan and lead meetings and training sessions with program staff to ensure adoption of the EO initiative and that pilots run smoothly
- Support and monitor ongoing adoption of skills-based and financial empowerment implementation on a national level
- Assist the Director of Economic Opportunity to develop and plan for implementation of successful program pilots across the organization
- Assess the fidelity and performance of program pilots
- Document program progress and report out to funders, board members and other stakeholders
- Plan and facilitate regular meetings to share programmatic best practices across the organization and/or external stakeholders
Team Management and Support
- Supervise 1-2 Training Coordinators
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Economic Opportunity
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $63,000 - $78,000. In an effort to be both equitable and transparent, CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, experience, internal equity, and home office location in making a final determination on our salary offer. We recognize that salary is a part of the overall compensation package and are happy to provide health, dental, 401k, and professional development opportunities to our staff.
We also offer paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.