Director, Social Enterprise Operations
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
A key component of our organization’s growth and potential impact is increasing the size and capacity of our social enterprise. Each of our participants works for CEO’s social enterprise to gain experience and income while working with vocational staff to find permanent employment. Currently, CEO employs over 400 people per day on work crews that provide maintenance services to more than 40 customers ranging from the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) to the New York Housing Authority (NYCHA). As we expand and diversify our customer base, our operational needs and complexity of our social enterprise is also increasing.
We’re currently looking for a Director, Social Enterprise Operations to ensure our social enterprise work crews are set up for success and are equipped to meet client demands, with a particular focus on quality control, scheduling and logistics, staffing structures, and training. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience in the areas of procurement, invoicing, fleet management, facility management, and workplace safety.
The Director, Social Enterprise Operations will also support our Social Enterprise Sales Team in cultivating and processing new business opportunities. They will help develop scopes of work and pricing models and ensure the feasibility of work crew services offered.
This is a new role at CEO and an exciting opportunity as the individual hired will be able to shape the position, making recommendations and adjustments to the job responsibilities and scope of support based on their experiences, efficiency reviews, and feasibility assessments.
Who We Are
CEO provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You’re committed to CEO’s mission and are interested in working in a fast-growing and results-oriented nonprofit environment
- You come to CEO with at least 5-7 years of experience in operations leadership, support, and coordination
- You’ve managed and developed diverse teams; you’re able to bounce seamlessly between high level strategy and the weeds when needed to ensure your team’s success
- You thrive in ambiguity and want to play a key role in the growth of an organization, and you’ve moved projects forward in a matrixed organization
- Your organizational and project management skills enable you to juggle leadership of numerous team priorities, and your flexible nature enables you to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- You have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with an ability to collaborate, liaise, and negotiate with internal constituents external vendors
- You’ve demonstrated a strong aptitude and ability with the Google Suite, Salesforce CRM, and Microsoft Excel
- You’re able to travel up to 30-40% of the time
- Prior work experience in Construction, Manufacturing, or Distribution is a strong plus
Responsibilities of the Director, Social Enterprise Operations will include but are not limited to the following:
Worksite & Training Support
- Develop best practices for day to day management of work sites in the areas of service delivery, quality assurance, and fleet and equipment management
- Create social enterprise scheduling and staffing best practices to enable our social enterprise to take on a more flexible model and serve a diversified customer base
- Work closely with CEO’s finance team on invoice management
- Serve as the overall lead for all safety and crisis management policies and procedures
- Partner with our National training team to develop a comprehensive training solution for all necessary safety, job specific, and leadership knowledge and skill building
- Research and monitor all industry specific training needs to ensure CEO stays up to date
Business Development Support
- Collaborate with and support program and business development teams in creating successful proposals for new business, ensuring proposed scope of work is achievable
- Inform program and business development teams of relevant customer needs and industry trends
- Assess and determine the most effective staffing for CEO’s social enterprise
- Hire, supervise, and support a high-performing and remote team of Regional Operations Associates, and coordinate closely with CEO’s program and operational leadership, Fleet Manager and social enterprise teams
- Analyze all incident, injury reports and workers comp claims to recommend system improvements
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.