Data and Contracts Analyst
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the application.
We're seeking a highly organized and detail-focused Data and Contracts Analyst who will coordinate and complete reporting for all of CEO’s contracts for our Southern California program, ensuring that reports are accurate, submitted on time, and address the needs of our contracting partners. The Data and Contracts Analyst will play a vitally important role in helping to meet contract deliverables and better fulfill our mission of providing comprehensive employment services to individuals who have recently returned home from incarceration. The analyst is integral to CEO in that they serve as Southern California’s in-house expert on reporting into local and statewide data systems.
This role will work closely with the California leadership team composed of the Deputy Executive Director, Regional Directors and Site Directors as well as the Business Development team. The three offices in the region (San Diego, Los Angeles, and San Bernardino) have a range of contracts and grants, including but not limited to city, county, and state government contracts as well as philanthropic grants. This role requires a high level of organization, planning, and attention to detail to manage the analysis, reporting, invoicing, compliance, audit and data entry related to the contracts. The Data and Contracts Analyst will also coordinate closely with the CA leadership team and Business Development to support with relationship management, performance tracking, meetings and calls related to the contracts.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Analyze contracts in support of the CA leadership, Business Development and Compliance teams during the decision making and contract negotiation process
- Review in detail each contract to make sure it suits the needs of the particular site, identifying areas where further decision making is needed
Reporting, Data, and Compliance
- Coordinate all data entry and reporting for CEO’s Southern California contracts that require the use of a third-party data system
- Track all reporting requirements and ensure compliance with deadlines and deliverables
- Enter data into required systems and generate necessary reports
- Work closely with Site Directors to understand reporting requirements and ensure all are met
- Develop reports and dashboards in Salesforce to streamline reporting processes
- Prepare statistical reports on progress to milestones
- Coordinate meetings, timelines, and management of the contracts with Site Directors
- Keep CA leadership team apprised of any issues or challenges related to fulfilling contract deliverables and performance
- Serve as a primary contact for data and reporting staff at contracting agencies
- Develop processes, in coordination with local staff, to make data entry more efficient and timely
- Develop data collection practices appropriate for each office
- Notify directors of any changes to reporting and providing regular status updates
- Reach out to grantor staff to resolve problems related to claim submission
- Track and coordinate with Site Directors and Finance to ensure proper and timely invoicing
- Assist with other duties in support of CEO’s mission as needed
Who You Are
- You come to CEO with 2-3 years of relevant experience and are eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive results within a mission-driven, social justice-minded nonprofit organization
- You have 2-3 years of experience working with data sets and web-based data systems OR have a Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- You enjoy working to understand data and troubleshooting the best ways in which to organize it to ensure easy and efficient inputting into various platforms
- You have a laser focus on accuracy and timeliness combined with excellent time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects with moving deadlines
- You have the ability to build rapport with internal and external stakeholders which support you in asking others for the information you need to push your work forward
- You’re resilient and don’t give up, keeping your eye on the end result while working under pressure
- You have a deep interest in learning about the technical details
- You’re highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, able to utilize functions that support reporting projects
- You have verifiable experience in analyzing and reporting on contracts with government agencies or large private vendors
- You are comfortable and confident in contract analysis and data reporting and have demonstrated experience in using data to inform your perspective and decision-making
- You’re able to prioritize tasks and implement timely changes to optimize CEO’s program functions and manage operational, performance, and customer concerns
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $48,000 - 50,000. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
How to Apply
Please submit your application materials, including your cover letter and resume, via our website: www.ceoworks.org/careers.
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.