Compliance Analyst (New York or Los Angeles)
Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
Are you interested in reducing risk for a nonprofit organization driven by a meaningful mission by reviewing current practices and proposing changes for improvement? Have you ever thought about a career in compliance, but within a space where social justice is at the forefront of the organization's vision? If this sounds like you, you might be a great fit for our Compliance Analyst role!
The Center for Employment Opportunities is hiring a Compliance Analyst who will monitor CEO’s compliance with relevant laws and regulations, internal rules and guidelines, funder requirements, and related areas, and who will refine, develop, and implement our risk management program. S/he will also be responsible for documenting key information, creating and distributing notices, and training staff. The Compliance Analyst is integral to the success of CEO in that s/he will support in building knowledge about and reducing major areas of risk for the organization and developing plans that limit potential losses and increase safety within the organization. This role can be based in either our New York or Los Angeles office.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) is dedicated to providing immediate, effective, and comprehensive employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. CEO’s programs help participants regain the skills and confidence needed for successful transitions to stable, productive lives. CEO serves more than 6,000 participants a year, giving them the opportunity to support themselves and their families, remain crime-free, and contribute positively to their communities.
Headquartered in New York City, CEO currently operates in 22 cities across eight states. In 2016, CEO embarked on a five-year strategic plan to serve 9,000 participants annually. CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations, including the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Greenlight Fund, James Irvine Foundation, Tipping Point Community, and Bank of America Foundation, among many others.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Implementing a national Compliance training program and drafting Compliance policies
- Ensuring that all documentation integral to CEO’s operation and related to federal, state, and local laws is up-to-date, accurate, secure, and organized appropriately
- Performing compliance audits to ensure that the organization is operating under and adhering to the appropriate laws and regulations
- Supporting the development, coordination, and implementation of risk management plans with guidance from the General Counsel and Program team
- Developing action plans based upon the findings of audits and internal reviews and conducting internal follow up as needed around implementation
- Collaborating with CEO’s Contract Associate to monitor CEO’s compliance with grants received
- Supporting the review of CEO’s insurance portfolio annually, updating insurance documentation provided to CEO’s contract counterparties and government agencies
- Reviewing and evaluating work-related incident reports
- Supporting the National team in the start-up of new CEO locations and in processing government registration in each jurisdiction
Who You Are
- You thrive in a fast-growing and results-oriented organization and have deep interest in learning CEO’s program model and practices.
- You are knowledgeable in government policies, laws, and regulations concerning compliance and come to CEO with experience in compliance and/or risk management in a growing and complex environment.
- You understand the importance of accuracy and strong documentation as related to compliance and enjoy taking initiative to identify and assess potential areas of risk.
- You are highly detailed and organized and can manage multiple priorities at once while under pressure.
- You are a team player and can engage with all levels of staff.
- You are dedicated to achieving personal, team, and organizational outcomes and value continued learning for yourself and others.
- You possess excellent presentation skills and strong computer navigation skills, and have experience using MS Office and Google Documents.
- BA required.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $52,000-$55,000 annually, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please click here for the job application.