Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
The Center for Employment Opportunities is hiring a Compliance Analyst who will monitor relevant laws and regulations, and develop internal rules and guidelines and related areas, and who will refine, develop, and implement our risk management program. They will also be responsible for documenting key information, creating and distributing notices, and training staff. The Compliance Analyst is integral to the success of CEO in that they will support building knowledge about and reducing major areas of risk for the organization and developing plans that limit potential losses and increase safety within the organization.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the GreenLight Fund, the Pew Charitable Trust, and the Nonprofit Finance Fund. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You thrive in a fast-growing and results-oriented organization and have deep interest in learning CEO’s program model and practices.
- You understand the importance of accuracy and strong documentation as related to compliance and enjoy taking initiative to and assess potential areas of risk.
- You can draft policies, procedures and guidance documents informing staff of compliance requirements
- You are highly detailed and organized and can manage multiple priorities at once while under pressure.
- You are a team player and can engage with all levels of staff.
- You are dedicated to achieving personal, team, and organizational outcomes and value continued learning for yourself and others.
- You possess excellent presentation skills and strong computer navigation skills, and have experience using MS Office and Google Documents.
- Experience with corporate compliance or policy drafting is preferable, but not required
What You’ll Be Responsible For
Key responsibilities of the Compliance Analyst include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of a national Compliance training program
- Monitor regulatory developments related to the work of CEO and working with other teams to determine risk areas in other departments
- Draft Compliance policies
- Ensure that all registrations required for CEO’s operation under federal, state, and local laws is current
- Monitor lobbying laws and lobbying compliance
- Support the development, coordination, and implementation of risk management plans with guidance from the General Counsel and Program team
- Develop action plans based upon the findings of internal reviews and conduct internal follow up as needed around implementation
- Collaborate with CEO’s Contract Associate to monitor CEO’s compliance with grants received
- Work with the Finance Department on various matters, including certain insurance related matters
- Review and evaluate work-related incident reports
- Work on safety related issues
- Support the program team in the start-up of new CEO locations
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $48,000 - $60,0000. CEO's compensation philosophy considers a variety of factors including experience, internal equity, and the labor market associated with the city in which the position is located. This position can be located in any of the cities in which CEO operates. The labor markets associated with the cities in which CEO is based are variable, and the salary range included here reflects this. Our salary offer will fall within this range and will be reflective of the labor market of the city in which the position is based, as well the other factors named above.
More About Us
The Center for Employment Opportunities believes that everyone deserves the chance to shape a stronger future for themselves, their families, and their communities. Our commitment to being an anti-racism organization that is inclusive across all identities and experiences drives us forward every day. We exist to create greater opportunities for people who face multiple barriers to personal and professional success, and we’re passionate about being agents of change who promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access to opportunities for all.
People who are justice involved, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ+ , and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.