Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
CEO is currently seeking a passionate, driven, and systems-oriented Communications Associate to join our growing Development and Communications Team who will play a supporting role in building CEO’s growing national brand and communicating the impact of our work internally and throughout the United States. Working directly with the Chief Development Officer and communications manager, the communications associate will develop, edit, and curate content for multiple media platforms, lead the envisioning and implementation of strong and sustainable systems that maximize our efficiency and effectiveness around communications, and support key communications initiatives.
This position is a new role that offers tremendous opportunity to help shape brand strategy for a national nonprofit at the cutting edge of criminal justice reform and workforce development.
Who You Are
- You’re eager to apply your experience and skill set to drive top notch communications within a fast-paced, mission-driven, and social justice-minded nonprofit organization.
- You come to CEO with 2-3 years of experience in communications, publishing, social media, user-centered design, or a related field (preferably within a nonprofit).
- You’re an excellent communicator (verbal and written) and you operate with ease in collaborating, liaising, and negotiating with multiple constituencies and departments by tailoring your communication efforts to various audiences.
- You’ve developed content for various mediums and understand the tone and style needed for each.
- You exude an entrepreneurial spirit, frequently taking initiative to move projects forward
- You’re a strong project manager with the ability to maintain oversight of all of the details as you coordinate many moving pieces under tight timelines
- You’ve demonstrated an aptitude and ability with technology and preferably have experience working with Adobe Creative Cloudsuite, Craft, social media tools including Hootsuite, and Google Suite.
- You enjoy setting ambitious goals and demonstrate eagerness, discipline, and resilience in achieving goals individually and collectively, no matter the complexities that arise.
- You love learning and are particularly interested in building your own knowledge and skills in support of organizational needs, mission, and goals.
- You value learning from your clients and customers (internal and external) and consider the user experience to be integral to communications work; you’re highly curious and excited to learn about different people’s motivations and interests.
Responsibilities of the communications associate will include but are not limited to the following:
- Establishes and maintains systems and processes for the regular curation and distribution of content coming from our headquarters and our 20 program sites across the country;
- Fields and responds to requests for communications support from CEO staff members;
- Manages CEO’s social media profile and collaborates with staff across the organization to develop fresh and relevant content in real-time that showcases our work and promotes CEO’s brand and reputation;
- Supports the communications manager in the generation and coordination of website content and its design to ensure website delivers clear, engaging, and relevant content for key constituencies;
- Supports the Development and Communications team in building and maintaining strong relationships with media representatives; coordinates media and press events for CEO offices and staff and maintains lists for distribution of information to media contacts;
- Coordinates and manages the development and production of communications materials for programmatic initiatives and office operations including one page briefs, brochures, pamphlets, reports, and media kits.
- Works closely with our Development and Communications team in the creation and/or editing of materials for external stakeholders including funding proposals for individuals, foundations and corporations, reports and publications, press releases, solicitations and acknowledgment letters.
- Maintains CEO’s content calendar, ensuring relevant content is generated and distributed on time and with accuracy; and
- Completes additional administrative tasks as needed.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $50,000-60,000, commensurate with demonstrated experience and abilities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Please note: applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.