Please see details about this job opening below. To apply, click here for the job application.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to take part in this opportunity to join a growing team of dedicated and talented individuals. The Claims Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring timely processing of workers' compensation claims, evaluate incident reports to determine accuracy and completeness, ensure adequate investigation, and evaluate and analyze claims data to ensure regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate maintains mathematical and logical reasoning skills and comes to Center for Employment Opportunities with extensive Workers’ Compensation experience. We also value integrity, team spirit, and strong organizational skills.
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 6,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and the Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
Who You Are
- You have a commitment to CEO’s mission and interest in working in a fast paced, growing results oriented nonprofit environment
- You come to CEO with a high school diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years experience managing works’ compensation claims in a professional environment
- You are familiar with Workers’ Compensation laws, policies, guidelines, and procedures, as well as knowledge of Workers’ Compensation Insurance - including loss control and claims management
- You excel in a fast-paced environment, seamlessly prioritizing work and deadlines as they arise
- You’re a self-starter and are able to work independently with excellent judgment, attention to detail, and follow through
- You’re an effective written and verbal communicator; presenting information through written form or through the phone, one-on-ones, and small groups to different employees and stakeholders of the organization
- You’re very comfortable with technology, including Google and Microsoft Suite and their applications
- You have the ability to analyze and identify problems; taking the appropriate steps to resolve issues quickly
- You maintain a high level of confidentiality in your work, respecting the privacy of the individuals you serve
Key responsibilities of the Claims Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Accurately and efficiently ensure supervisors and employees complete the appropriate forms associated with on-the-job injuries
- Coordinate Workers' Compensation claims with third-party administrators and follow up on claims as needed
- Communicate actively with internal team members to facilitate the timely and accurate processing and closures of WC claims
- Document and communicate all claim activity in a timely manner, supporting the outcome of the claim
- Review and analyze all workers' compensation accident reports; determine the nature of medical treatment received and record accident and treatment information
- Develop training content and provide WC training for new staff members
- Provide a monthly analysis of WC claim/injuries to the Compliance Committee
- Serve as the liaison between sites and insurance carrier/ third-party administrators
- Direct employment verifications to third party vendors and complete verifications for all employees as required
- Respond to WC questions from CEO leadership, former employees, insurance carrier, claims administration vendors, representatives, and government agencies in a timely manner
- Review and respond to unemployment claims and monthly unemployment statements with appropriate documentation
- Communicate actively with HR and Legal to facilitate the processing and closures of WC claims
- Assist in creating and implementing safety training for the work crews
- Evaluate processes to assess risk and adherence to company policies and safety regulations
- Implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Attend seminars, education, and training classes as required to obtain and maintain up to date knowledge of claims processing requirements and procedures
- Develop an intake process of WC claims
Perks and Benefits
The salary range for this position $48,500 - $53,500. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
More About Us
We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. We are an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received, we are unable to contact each applicant regarding the status of each position or reply to candidates' inquiries via phone or email.
Please click here to apply.